27

...

jimin's mom sat on the bland chair next to the bed where her son was laid down, still unconscious even a week after the incident. his father was trying to be manly and hold in his tears.

when he first found out what happened, he apologized for everything and began to hope that his boy would be alright and live.

yoongi often visited every day along with hoseok, seokjin, and namjoon who started bawling the first night.

"miss park?" jungkook knocked on the door of the room.

she wiped her face and looked at him before looking away. "if you're here to apologize more, i don't want to hear it."

"taehyung is here too," jungkook said, moving out of the way to reveal taehyung holding yoongi's camera and flowers.

jimin's father clenched his fist. "you have two minutes, and i'm burning those flowers when i get home."

taehyung nodded. he walked up to jimin and watched as the room quickly emptied out, leaving taehyung to be alone with him.

a tear fell down his face. "i'm sorry. you're perfect and you deserve to live," he whispered. he stood up straight and cleared his throat. "i thought it would be better if i did this in front of you, even if you're not awake."

he turned that camera on and pointed it at himself. "i'm sorry, park jimin. i don't deserve your forgiveness, but... my name is kim taehyung and i'm a horrible person. and on top of that... i am a bully."

he closed the camera and sighed peacefully. and began walked out until he heard a horrible beep sounding.

he looked back at jimin who's heart monitor stopped constantly beeping. jimin's mom came in, screaming.

doctors had to refrain her from entering anymore. everything seemed as if it was in slow motion as the woman repeatedly asked taehyung what he did. taehyung dropped the flowers and backed up, hitting the wall.

"kid, you need to leave," the doctor pulled him out. taehyung cuffed his hand over his cheek, realizing that this was truly the cause of this.

yoongi came running into the room. he was sitting outside, giving the parents space. his heart dropped at the sight of doctors pouring into the room.

seconds later, his parents were pulled out of the room. they were holding onto each other as the doctors shouted "one, two, three!" and used the heart defibrillator on jimin.

the sound of it frightened yoongi and he crouched down and hugged his knees, harder sobs pouring out when the doctors yelled 'no response'.

taehyung had a look of shock on his face when he realized that jimin was most likely in the midst of dying.

by the fifth time, the heart monitor finally started beeping and everyone have a huge sigh and gasp of relief once the words 'pulse' sounded from inside.

jimin's father was tightly holding his mother in a beautiful way. yoongi smiled at that and wiped away his tears.

"yoongi," taehyung whispered.

the elder looked up at him with disgust. "what?"

"i-i wanted to give you this back. i kinda stole it, but i recorded something on it, so i'm sorry." taehyung softly placed it besides yoongi and walked away.

yoongi stood up, leaving the device behind as he walked back into the room. his parents were still outside the room but yoongi didn't bother waiting. he needed to see jimin.

he sat down on the side of the bed. "jimin," he began. "if you can hear me, please know that i'm here for you through thick and thin. don't ever disregard the thought of asking me for help and keeping this a secret. you mean so much to me," he whimpered softly. "wherever you are will welcome you."

...

hours later, yoongi abruptly woke up. his head was resting on jimin's leg. he checked the time and it read six o'clock, meaning visitations where probably almost over.

he sat up up and kissed jimin's forehead. his lips lingered there and his eyes were squeezed shut.

when he opened them up, he jumped back, scared and shocked. his breathing became heavy and the sobbing came back along with a headache.

he stumbled over to the side of the bed and pressed the button to call someone.

"somebody help!"

fin