Unwanted Vistor Part 2

As my mother and I stood near the door the only thing that I could do was stand there in shock. Hell I really didn't know what to think are feel at that moment. The words that just came out of her mouth have me feeling some type of way. Damn how am I supposed to feel? What should I feel? Am I even supposed to feel anything? These were the questions that I was mentally asking myself because I was really at a lost. Finally Olivia broke the silence.

"January say something please." She said with desperation. Still I didn't say anything right away but I knew that I needed to say something.

"How long have you known?"

"I found out two months ago but I felt it was no point in saying anything because I knew that nobody would care."

When she said that I was about to flip because she was sick but busy starting trouble and ruining my life. How can someone be so cruel knowing that they may not be promised tomorrow? Oh I forgot when you hate someone you really don't give a damn.

She finally let me go and I walked to my window looking out because I was trying to calm my self down. I knew the way that I was thinking and feeling I would come off with an I don't five a fuck attitude. I guess in all actuality I should but I happen to have a heart.

"I just gotta ask you mother, how could you do all of this to me and come to me saying that you need me? I needed you all my life but you gave me your ass to kiss. You deserted me when I needed you the most."

"Yet you need me. What if I turned my back on you? I mean honestly that is what I should do but you know what two wrongs don't make it right."

"January if I could do everything all over I would because I can honestly admit that I was a horrible mother. I should have been there for you, but even though I wasn't you turned out to be a beautiful and successful woman."

"I am so sorry for all the pain that I caused you and your father."

She was crying but for some reason I couldn't go to her and console her like I should have. I was still hurting and I was more confused than ever. I just stood there and looked at how pitiful she looked. I remember I felt the same way and looked the same way she does now.

"Look mother what is it that you need me to do? I will do whatever you need me to do." She looked shocked and relieved because she knew that I had every right to not be by her side.

"Does Johntae know about this?" I asked?

"No you are the only one that knows."

"Are you planning on telling him because he is your son too?"

"I will tell him this week I promise January."

"Okay just tell me when your next doctor's appointment is and I will take you."

She nodded and headed for the door but before she walked out she turned around and said, "Thank you."

I nodded and she walked out. I leaned up against my desk and silently cried because no matter what she put me through she was still my mother. This is going to be so hard for me and I am going to need all the support that I can get. Times like this I feel so blessed to have Que by my side.

Once I got myself together I went downstairs to tend to my clients. I really had a heavy heart but there was still work to be done. I finished their makeup and they actually purchased some. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 2 pm and I was kind of hungry but not much after the news that I got. I walked back to my office and sat at my desk staring off into space. I was so zoned out I didn't notice Que in my doorway.

"Hey bae. You okay?" I looked up and smiled but it wasn't the smile that he was used to seeing. He closed the door and walked over to me. He knelt down in front of me looking deep in my eyes as if he could see the depths of my soul.