Scheming

It was 10:00 am and January was on her way to her makeup boutique to get started on a couple of clients. She still had not talked to Jacquees since Friday night and she felt that it needed to stay that way for a while. She couldn't help but think about Alicia and how she was feeling. January definitely didn't want to end up feeling like Alicia was. When you involve sex in a so-called platonic relationship this is bound to happen after while. She was so into her thoughts that she almost missed her turn to get to the boutique. She turned into the parking lot and parked her car around back. She got out looking fierce in some dark denim ripped high waist jeans with a army green crop top. To complete the outfit she had on a denim jacket that matched with some Timberlands and a army fatigue hat. She walked inside and saw one person she really didn't want to see and that was Shanetta. Damn how the hell does she know where I work? Lacy who was one of my assistants came and gave a me a schedule for the day as well as some important numbers I needed to call back.

I looked at Shanetta and slowly made my way to her. "What the hell are you doing here and most importantly what the hell do you want?" I was trying not to get too upset because there were people there purchasing makeup as well as getting theirs done.

"I need to talk to you about something January." She said in a pleading voice. I walked to my upstairs office and she followed. I put all the stuff in my hand down on the desk. I was about to ask her what she wanted to talk about when my phone went off indicating I had a text and it was from Jacquees.

Jacquees: Morning beautiful. I just wanted to see how you were and to see if you could meet for lunch today around 1.

I rubbed my fingers across the message but I didn't respond because I needed time to sort shit out in my head. Shanetta was watching me the whole time and I know she was wondering what that was about.

"So um Shanetta what do you need to talk to me about?"

"I wanted to talk to you about Jacquees." I looked up so quick I could have caught a case of whiplash.

"What about Que Shanetta?" She paused briefly and said

"Be careful because he is a player and he is only after one thing." If I didn't have good hearing I would have thought I didn't hear her correctly.

"And how do you know this. I mean how long have you even been Atlanta and how long have you known him?"

"I just know because I have watched him with so many girls and I have been here for year because I have worked with Que as you call him for a while."

"What do you mean you have worked with him?"

"I have been in one of his videos and I am going to be his leading lady in a few that he has coming up."

"Tell me Shanetta what does that have to do with me. I mean I know that you want Que any fool could see that so you don't have to worry about me getting in the way."

"What do you see me as a threat?" Or is it that you want him because he shows interest in me?"

I could tell that pissed her off and I really didn't give a damn. She shouldn't have come here with that bullshit.

"January let me refresh your memory. That night when you seen Jacquees whispering in my ear when he was on his way to you he was telling me the things he wanted to do with me."

I really couldn't say she was lying or telling the truth because I remember him whispering in her ear and I wondered what that was about.

"Still Shanetta what does that have to do with me? I mean you act as if Que and I are together. We are only friends."