Soft and Cute, Like You [Kai x Reader]

(A/N: Heine isn't the Tutor in this setting of the chapter, so this happened before Heine even became the new royal tutor, just in case)

You walk through the hallways, carrying new and clean pillows and bed sheets for Prince Kai's room. You knock on his door, hoping that he would open it. Unlike others, you're the only maid who is not scared to be near the second Prince, for some reason, you think of him as a kind person.

The door opened a little, the tall Prince peeking from inside. You look at him with a neutral face, not showing any emotions. He opens the large door, letting you in.

You walk in, bowing your head to him, "Thank you, Prince Kai" you said, while he looks at you, as always, in the first he would glare, but once you get to be with him longer, you'll notice his good side. You change his bed's bed sheet and pillows, neatly fluffing them. "Sorry for the intrusion" you apologized, while he sits on the sofa he had in his room, facing the window outside.

"It's.. Okay.." He replied, "Y/N..."

Your eyes widen, hearing him call your name for the first time. "Yes, your majesty?"

He looks down, "M-my Sensei.. asked me.. something.. He asked what thing.. Does makes me happy.. Or what kind of things do.. I like.. What.. Does Sensei.. Mean?" He asked.

You continue fluffing the pillows, "I think he means something that you really like.. Like.. Your favorite or something.." You answered.

"I.. Don't understand.." Kai replied, "How about you.. What are your.. Favorite.. Things?"

"Hmm" you ponder, "I guess I like F/T (favorite thing), since they're A/F (Adjective that describes your favorite thing)"

"Ah.. I guess I understand.. A bit.. Thank you.. Y/N.." He replied, which made you smile. After changing bed, you leave his room.

After that, the next day, you see Prince Kai, outside the garden, laying on the soft grass once again.

You sit down, next to him, also leaning on the tree. "How did it go?" You ask. He looks at you, sitting up. "Sensei said.. And example of my favorite things.." He replied.

You sigh, "What did you even answer?" You ask.

A light blush appeared on his face, looking away. Suddenly, he pats you softly on your head. "I.. Answered.. Y/N" he answered.

????

"Huh?"

You were bewildered, but for a moment there was silence, only the sound of his hand patting your head, slightly brushing it. "Sensei.. Asked me my favorite things.. I said soft.. And.. Cute.. Like you.."

Your face turned pink blushed, you look away. "I'm not even a thing.." You muttered..