Because I Love You [Victor x Reader]

"Princess Y/N, please hurry, the carriage is waiting for us" the King of the country C/N (country name), called his daughter, you. You open the door to reveal a lovely F/C dress you're wearing. "Do I look good, papa?" You ask. Your father simply smile, tugging your hair at the back of your ear. "You look good as ever" he replied. You're the first princess of this country, and today, you're visiting another kingdom, coming with your father. You've been waiting for this day. You've always wanted to see your childhood friend, Victor.

When the carriage arrived the palace, you quickly hop down from it, looking above at the big palace awaiting you. Outside, is the King, the Queen, and the only prince, Victor.

You wave your hand at your friend, and so did he. You approach him with a surprised hug. "Victor!" You cheerily exclaimed. "Oh, F/N! (Father's name)" the King greeted, shaking your father's hand.

"It's been a while now, isn't it?" Victor said. "Mhmm" you replied, nodding. After the short talk, you and your father was invited inside the palace, and the adults already talk on a separate room, you and Victor left behind. (A/N: If you're an adult, just pretend you're not ^~<, because your ages here are somewhere 14-17)

"What do you think they're talking about?" You ask in curiousness. Victor gave you a shrug. The time passed by, waiting for the two adults to finish their talk, while you and Victor gossips in the meantime.

"Oh wait, I have something to show you that I got for you in Christmas, I wasn't able to give it to you because we haven't seen in a while.." You said, giving him an apologetic smile.. A light blush appeared on his face, while his expression turned surprise.

"Y-you have something.. For me?" He asks once again, "But I didn't get you anything, wouldn't that be unfair?"

You sigh, "there's no need of that, you don't have to think of anything. What's important is that I still got you something, k?" You said, giving him a smile. You leave him to get the present you have for him, after getting the present, you walk back through the palace halls, passing to the room where your parents are talking, although, the door is slightly open. Someone must've forgotten to close it.

You lean in, supposed to close the door gently, although you heard your name, so you paused. "Will the marriage contract continue?" Your father asked, making you shock, with eyes widen. "Contract?" You whisper.

"The contract between Victor and princess Y/N is cancelled" Victor's father replied. You blush furiously. 'Me? And Victor? Marriage Contract?!?!' You thought, but then taken back, when you heard cancelled.

For some reason, it made you feel relieved but also disappointment. "Why? It's very clear that they like each other"

Victor's father sighed, "I actually want them to be together but... Victor said he doesn't want to.."

After hearing that, your eyes went down. 'He.. Doesn't want? Is it because... He likes someone else?' Thoughts rumbled and debated on your head, walking aimlessly. For some reason, you felt your heart break..

You sit down beside you friend, who is looking at you, worried. "Is something wrong, Y/N? You look down" he said. You regain composure, giving him a weakly smile. "No, it's nothing" you answered, handing him your gift for him, "here, my gift for you, sorry it's late..."

He takes it, looking at it with happiness in his eyes. "Can I open it?" He asks. "Sure" you answered, looking at his joyful face. While opening the wrap, you hesitates to ask him, although you burst it out, "D-do you know about the marriage contract we have?" You ask, making his eyes widen.

He averted his gaze at you, with a blush on his face. "Y-yeah.. I didn't know.. Y-you know about.. This.." He said, you looking down.

"Why did you... Disagreed to it?" You ask, not looking at him from eyes to eyes..

It got quiet for a moment... "It's because... I'm not even sure if you're okay with this.. So I thought it's not nice to decide on my own.. That's why I disagreed.. Because I... I.. I cared.. For you.." He replied, saying the last four words on a low volume, almost mumbling, which made you look at him. He blushed furiously, shutting his eyes, "I.. I love you, okay?!" He shouted, "I didn't because I love you! I'm not sure if you return the same feelings so I disagreed.. It would hurt me more, seeing that my best friend would not be comfortable with me.. Or doesn't like me back.."

Your eyes widen, blushing like him.. You clutch your dress, getting nervous, "I.. I feel the same way.."

===========================
Sorry, yes that was cut, because I was in a hurry and accidentally pressed the publish button, but yeah, I like the idea.. But I still feel unsatisfied..