Thirsty Thursday (Leo Valdez x Reader)

Warning: contains lemons!!!

3rd person's P.O.V.

- Aghhh! It's so hot! - Y/n complained as another drop of sweat rolled down her forehead.

The sun above her was shining so bright that even Chiron got worried that Apollo might have forgotten to take control over his sun chariot. The heat in camp was unbearable.

The campers tried to find a way to hide from the hotness but couldn't. It was like this around the whole camp. Even sitting quietly in the shadows of the trees in the woods didn't help, as y/n found out soon.

She got up despite the fact that she had almost melted to the ground and slowly headed back to her cabin, breathing heavily.

As she was just a few metres away from the g/p cabin, a wave of cool air made her breathe in, wiping away another drop of sweat.

She closed her eyes for a second but when she opened them, there was that horrible heat again. Where did the cold air go?

Y/n kept walking towards her cabin, hoping that her siblings had found a way not to melt into a bucket of sweat.  But suddenly, she felt the cool stream of air making her hair lightly flowing.

This time y/n tried to follow the stream. She walked slowly, afraid not to lose it and give in to the heat once more.

As she walked after the coolness, she heard shouting and frantic screaming. Y/n went closer to where the screams could be heard from and saw a giant crowd in front of the door of cabin 9, the Hephaestus' cabin. 

About thirty campers were aggressively banging on the cabin door , some of them tried to break the windows and enter.

Y/n's P.O.V.

- What the... - I heard even my siblings shouting some nonsense in front of cabin 9.

I approached the cabin door, but suddenly, a small explosion from the inside made the crowd shut up and go away. It sounded pretty serious.

I decided to find out what was happening. I gently knocked on the door and smiled.

- Leo? Are you in there? - I asked in my sweet voice.
- Go away! I won't let you in! It's all for me! - Leo made his Disney-villain-styled laughter.
- Leo, it's me! Y/n. Now let me in! - I commanded, forgetting about the sweet tone from a second ago.
- Y/n? What are you doing here? - He asked.
- I came to see what was the fuss about. Would you at least explain to me? Probably inside the cabin?
- I'm sorry babe, but I can't let you in.
- Excuse me?! It wasn't a question Valdez, it was an order! - I said, already pissed off as hell.
- Please, don't be mad at me, but the air conditioner is mine. I can't let you use it 'cause that would mean that I have to let everyone else. - Leo replied, laughing.
- Wait! Air conditioner?! LET ME IN IMMEDIATELY LEO! I'm your girlfriend! - I pleaded.
- Well, I guess I can make an exception then. But I'll need 20 dollars for entry.
- Aghhh! You won't get away with this Fire Head! I swear that I'll give you the money and then cut your head off! - My hands turned to fists.
- I'll be waiting, gorgeous.

I was so mad at Leo but still couldn't help but blush at his words. He could be so cute yet so annoying sometimes. However, I had to find 20 bucks and to admit, I spent my last savings on a book. So I was broke. And I needed a strategy. Maybe I could sell something...

And that's when an idea crossed my mind.

I ran to the Demeter cabin, then to the Dionysus', after that I found a perfect spot in the center of the cabin zone, right under a big tree.

Half in hour of hard work later, I had made a stand. A lemonade one. (Yup, there are the lemons 😂😂)

Now, I only had to make 20 dollars which wasn't going to be hard because a glass of lemonade was worth 2 dollars.

"Easy!" I thought.

Well, another half an hour passed and still no one had bought lemonade. I needed to make a move. Then I saw Annabeth passing by, carrying a heavy wooden box with her.

- Hey Annie! - I shouted. - Would you like some cold lemonade?
- Um, no thanks. I have so much to do and this heat is killi...
- You know that spiders hate lemons, right? - I interrupted her and smirked.

Annabeth dropped the box in the ground and got some money out of her pocket.

- I'll take two glasses! - She said and handed me 4 dollars.
- Here you go.

Later, I made another ten people become my clients. I told the Stolls that I'll leave them prank my cabin if they take two glasses. Then I convinced Percy that the lemonade was actually blue and that he was color blind. I told Drew that this was Dave Franko's favourite drink, which made another three daughters of Aphrodite buy some.

That's how I made 20 dollars in no tims. I ran to cabin 9 and knocked on the door.

- You got the money? - Leo asked from inside.
- Yeah, I do. Now let me in.

The cabin door slowly opened, a wave of cold air hit my face. I entered inside but there was no one else except Leo and I.

- Welcome to my sanctuary! - He gestured to the air conditioner hanging from the ceiling.

I sighed from relief and plopped on one of the bunks inside.

- Awesome.- I murmured.
- I am, right? - Leo smirked as he laid next to me.
- I don't think so. You made your girlfriend pay you to spend time with you. That's the exact opposite of awesome boyfriend. - I laughed and handed his the money.
- No, thanks. I didn't want the money anyway.
- But...But I spent two hours in the heat to make them. - I punched his shoulder.
- Yeah, that means you would do even such hard thing only to be with me. - Leo smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, then rested his head on my shoulder.
- Agh Valdez! You can be such a dork sometimes!
- But I'm your dork, right?

I sighed again.

- Yeah, you're mine.

I turned to Leo so that I was facing him, then sealed the gap between us by pressing my lips against his. I put my hands on his neck and he kept holding my waist. I pulled him closer and broke the kiss, our foreheads touching.

- I love you y/n. - Leo gave me a peck on the cheek.
- I know. And you owe me 20 dollars. - I laughed but he frowned a bit. - Fine. I love you too Leo.

Leo smirked and kissed me again, making me melt for the millionth time today.