chapter fourteen: date night.

Start from the beginning

"wow, it came out really nice, devyn! thank you, i really appreciate you going to all this trouble to make me look pretty," i smiled, touching her hand on my shoulder.

"anything for my best friend. now go collect your stuff, it's already 7:20." she tapped my head.

"HOLY CRAP!" i screeched and darted to my room. i took my phone and wallet and shoved them into a black purse with a long strap that devyn had leant me, and started to go down the stairs.

my heart started racing and i got all nervous and tingly as i neared the end of the staircase.
i was excited, but also extremely nervous at the thought of going on a date with the blue-eyed boy i adored so dearly.

i stepped down from the last step and turned to find colby standing in front of the door. he was wearing a royal blue t-shirt, some black skinny jeans, black vans and a black jean jacket.

i could've just fainted right there.

he looked even more adorable than i remember. his ocean eyes glimmered like raindrops on a window, causing my heart to flutter like a butterfly; his smile shined like the sun on a hot afternoon, causing my mouth to go dry and sending my heart into a fast paced motion. his presence appeared more intensely than ever, and i think it pushed me to the edge, because god, was i falling for that boy.

"ready to go?"

•••

*colby's pov*

stephanie came down the stairs and stopped for a second, staring at me with wide eyes and a small blush creeping up her chubby cheeks.

"ready to go?" i smiled, holding my hand out for her to walk over and grab.

she scurried over, gently intertwined her fingers with mine and smiled at me, forcing my heart into that stupid fluttery state just like every other time.

i walked her to my car and opened the door for her, letting her inside and then walking around to hop in the driver's seat.

"so, w-where are we going?" she stuttered a bit, and i sensed she was nervous.

"well, i was thinking we'd go get some dinner and ice cream. i know, lame date," i said jokingly, grabbing her hand again and rubbing circles on the back of it in attempts to calm her down.

"it sounds nice to m-me." she stumbled on her words again, smiling awkwardly and slumping into her seat a bit.

i drove for a while, noticing she was humming a song quietly. i listened a little closer, recognizing the song as "I'll Run" by The Cab.

as she hummed the bridge, i started to sing it.

"because sometimes baby,
you fall on your back,
but girl, you're three times the lady that i'll ever have,
you know, you know it's true,
this is a fight i refuse to lose,"

"i didn't know you listened to The Cab," her eyes lit up.

"i love that song, it relates to my life a lot." i smiled warmly, turning my head from her to the road and i continued singing, and to my surprise, her joining in.