Secret revealed

*Merlin's POV*

I walked into Arthur's chambers bright and early for once to find the King sitting at his desk. "I'm not late am I?"

"No Merlin I just just thought I might as well get up and start this paperwork." He said looking through the paperwork on his desk.

"What are they about?"

"Requests, a peace treaty, you know stuff like that. I don't know what to do though." He said dropping the paperwork on the table.

"With what Arthur?"

"The whole magic business" he said and my eyes lit up. "I mean, my father banned magic for over 20 years and I see his point because the magic I have encountered has been used for evil. Especially when magic killed my father." My heart dropped "but the druids are a peaceful people and some of them asked permission to be able to buy supplies from Camelot without having to fear that they would be executed on sight. What do you think I should do Merlin?" The question was so sudden I almost jumped backwards in surprise.

"I... I..." I stuttered. I really wanted to tell him everything but what if he wasn't ready? "I... Uhhh... I..."

"Come on Merlin I don't have all day." He said frustrated. "What do think I should do?"

"What do you think you should do sire?"

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you idiot." He said clearly losing his patience.

I gulped. How do I answer this question? "I think you-" I was cut off by the knock on the door I breathed a sigh of relief but Arther noticed and he was looking at me suspiciously.

"Enter" he said and a knight came in. Sir Leon.

"Sire, Morgana has been sighted not too far from Camelot with an army as big as Cenred's was but bigger." He said urgently. Arthur stood up quickly. "There's something else. We found this by the window." He handed Arthur some parchment "It says 'I'm coming Emrys'" I froze. Whoever sent the note, knows who I am. It can't be. She doesn't know. Does she? How on earth did she find out?.

"Who sent it?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know sire but we think it's from Morgana." He said confirming my suspicions. At the name Morgana my eyes widened. How did she find out? I didn't realise my breathing was slightly off.

"Who is this Emrys?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know sire." Leon said "but whoever Emrys is, they seem to be in league with Morgana."

"Emrys is NOT in league with Morgana." I snapped without realising what I said until it was too late but luckily I said 'Emrys' not 'I' but I was close.

Arthur and Leon turned to look at me with a shocked and curious expressions on their faces but I didn't care at that moment because I was angry that they thought that I-well 'Emrys'-was in league with Morgana. Never would I do that.

"And how would you know that Merlin?" Arthur asked folding his arms with his eyebrows raised.

"Because... I do okay? And if you excuse me, I'm going to do the rest of my chores." I made to leave Arthur's chambers, but Arthur stuck his arm out so I couldn't leave.

"Not so fast Merlin." He said as I stopped in front of his arm. "Your not going anywhere until you tell us what you know of this Emrys character." I sighed frustrated. There was only one way I could leave but it is suicide. But I have to take that chance I have to reach Morgana before she comes to Camelot. I have no choice. "We're waiting Merlin." Arthur said getting impatient.