Chapter 6-Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Okay, you are right" I said. 

"Good. That means you and I are going out tonight! Zac invited me to a party with some of his friends" he said.

"Wait, Zac is back?!? I thought he moved to New Zealand to get away" I said.

"No, he was just there for a short break, but yeah he's back" Carter said.

"Alright! Who else is going to be there?" I asked.

"Well I think Ariel said something about going, Alex and Jack are usually at the parties, Jeremy is supposed to bring weed, and Zac mentioned that he invited Vic and Kellin, the rest are a bunch of people I don't know. That's what I remember anyways" he said. 

"I guess we'll have to go to find out" 

"Speaking of going places, you both have detention. During lunch. Don't be late and start treating me with at least an ounce of respect during class" Hayley said. 

"I said I was sorry" I said. Hayley was still fuming with anger. 

"Do you want more punishment?" 

"Look it was my bad. I started all of it and I was the one texting Logan. Don't be mad at her" Carter said. She let out a sigh.

"She chose to look at her phone and ignore what I was saying today so no... it wasn't all your fault" she said. We all stood in an awkward silence. 

"You two really did break up" Carter said. Hayley rolled her eyes.

"You can both go back in if you're ready to pay attention" she said. Carter nodded and walked in. Hayley looked at me, waiting for a response. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. 

"I'm gonna take another minute. I have to go to the bathroom anyways" I said. Her eyes softened.

"Alright, well don't be too long. Okay Logan?" She said.

"Okay" I replied. She turned and walked in the auditorium, leaving me to myself. I pulled out my phone and saw that Jenna texted.

Jen:Hey, whenever you're free do you want to meet up? I don't know who else to vent to about this and we haven't properly hung out in awhile

Me:Yeah, if you want we can meet up now. I don't really want to be here so I can meet you somewhere

I said. She started typing and I picked my bag up off the ground. 

Jen:Sure, I can pick you up on the other side of the track? 

Me:I can be there in five minutes

Jen:Same here. See you in five!

I looked around to make sure no one was watching and I started walking. It didn't take long I just had to be careful and make sure no one saw me since the science class rooms have windows facing the track. I saw Jenna pull up in her car and I hopped the fence, quickly getting in and buckling up. 

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Wherever you want to" I said.

"Alright, Starbucks it is. What better place to spill tea?" She joked. I could help but laugh as she pulled onto the road and started driving.

"So at least tell me what kinda venting you mean" I said, breaking the silence in the car. 

"The heavy shit kinda venting. I just don't know who else to talk to since it's about Tay and all of my friends are her friends too. I just feel like you'd understand more" she said. 

"Well, I never really was that close to Tay. She was more of Hayley's friend. She was always super nice to me though so I don't know" I said. 

"She was close to Hayley... she still is" Jenna repeated and I furrowed my eyebrows. I needed to know what she meant. 

"Alright let's get out and get some tea" she said as she killed the engine. We both exited the car and walked into the small coffee shop. I followed Jen as she led us to a small booth next to a window.

"Hey you two! What can I get for you today?" Said the waitress. We ordered our drinks along with small snacks to eat while we talk. We made small talk before our food arrived. After the waitress served our food and left, Jenna's demeanor completely changed. I didn't know if I should say anything, but I didn't want to pry if she didn't want to talk about whatever was bothering her. So, I kept the conversation going, pretending not to notice her strange behavior. After we finished our food and drinks was when she said something that caught my attention.

"So I found out some things that led to Tay and I breaking up. Well, more like her leaving. I was going to tell you, but I didn't know if it was something I should dump on you. You already seemed so upset"
at this point she was staring down at her hands, seeming very nervous. I was confused, but I felt awful that she seemed so uncomfortable.

"You don't have to tell me anything that makes you uncomfortable" I said.

"I know, but this is something you have the right to know. It's just harder because I feel like it's partially my fault for not saying anything earlier" Her voice started to crack a bit.

"Take your time if you need it" I said. I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of what she was going to tell me next.

"About a month ago I came home from hanging out with Vic and I thought I saw Hayley and Tay kissing. They both said they weren't and that they're like sisters. Me being the idiot I am thought they were being honest. Why would Tay lie to me? She had never done anything to betray my trust over the years we'd been together. The next day Tay said she was going to meet up with Jack and Alex for dinner. I thought nothing of it. After a couple of hours she hadn't come back so I checked her location and saw she was at a club. Not a big red flag either since that's usually where Jack and Alex drag her to. I called her just to check up and she sounded sober. I asked if I could talk to the guys and she said that they were too busy making out on the dancefloor, which, sounds very much like them. It was super late and I had to head to bed so I did since I had work in the morning. She didn't come back that night. So when I woke up I tried to check her location and it was turned off" Jenna paused.

"Did Tay..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, she did. I didn't say anything. I figured I would deal with it later. So, I walked out of the house and got in my car. I started driving and when I got to the end of the street I saw Hayley's car. I saw the having sex, at six in the morning. I pulled over and parked. I just cried. When they looked like they were... done" Jen said with disgust, "Tay got out, then Hayley did too and kissed her before getting in the car and driving off. Tay took out her phone and I felt my phone buzzing so I took it out and answered her call. She said that Jack and Alex were sorry for her not coming home. She lied, with a smile on her face. I hung up the phone. I was so angry. Next thing I know, I'm getting out of the car and walking over to her on the sidewalk, I just start yelling. I don't really even remember what I said. All I know is that she looked so scared and guilty. The only thing I can remember was the end of it, when I said she couldn't see Hayley anymore if she wanted to be with me at all. She lied and said she wouldn't"

"Hayley was the one cheating? After her saying how worried she was about me doing the same thing? What a fucking hypocrit