Enjoy the Showmance (Nate) pt 2

Quick A/N: I know that Perfect by Design is part of Sandcastle Kingdoms, not Enjoy the show, but I’m unsure if there is a real duet in Enjoy the Show and Perfect by Design is one of my fave songs so… yeah let’s just pretend that it was written for Enjoy the Show. Now onto the story.

Before the show was crazy. The crew running around and setting up everything, vocal warm ups, sound checks, everything was just so overwhelming.

“Come on, (Y/N), you can do it,” Nate encouraged. You sighed as you tried yet again. “Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, a peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?” you sang, screaming when you got it all right. “You did it!” Nate yelled over your scream. Without thinking, you jumped into his arms. Nate laughed as he hugged you back. You quickly pulled away, blushing madly.

“Guys, we need a sound check,” one of the crew members said, approaching you two. You guys nodded and followed him onstage. “Check, check,” the crew guy said into Nate’s mic to make sure it was on before handing it to Nate who started to sing a random song, of which turned out to be Misty. You took your own mic from the guy as Nate stopped. “What do I-” you cut yourself off as the mic picked up your voice. Nate laughed at the surprised look on your face. “Just sing something.” You nodded as you began singing your part of Perfect by Design.

<Timeskip>

How Nate did it, you didn’t know. He sang his heart out throughout the whole concert and was still smiling with a clear voice by the time the duet came along. And the duet was second to last.

“Unplug the clock, I'm running out of time…” Nate began singing. You took a few breaths to calm your nerves from where you stood offstage. “I swear I'm running fast but go nowhere…” As Nate sang this line you began to walk out on the stage, though most people didn’t notice you, too focused on Nate. “Can you rip the stitches one by one?” Nate sang as you lifted your mic to your lips, “I'll wake you up and let you know it's done...”

The song was such a great song, Nate really is a talented writer. As you guys sang, you got closer and closer together. You were surprised though, he had shown great showmanship throughout the rest of the show, yet he barely ever looked at the audience once you came out on stage. His eyes stayed on you most of the time, causing yours to stay on his most of the time.

“Let me know when it's all said and done,” by the third time you said this, you two were inches from each other, staring into each other's’ eyes. It was weird, something was stirring inside of you. You felt something for Nate.

“Let me know when it's all said and done,” you sang together one last time and, as the music died down, Nate’s hand with his mic dropped down to his side, his other hand reaching up and pulling your face to his, his lips crashing onto yours. You barely registered the fans’ screams as you eagerly kissed back.

When you finally pulled apart Nathan grinned at you before raising his mic to his lips, “Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls…”

You grinned as you took Jacksepticeye’s part, “Gather ‘round, Gather ‘round…”

“Sit back, Relax, and please stay in your seats…”

“Kick your feet up and grab some popcorn…”

“Oh, And of course…”

“Lest we not forget…”

“Enjoy the Show!”