Cola Wars (Matpat)

“(Y/N)! Kitchen now!” Mat yelled at you. Your house was being fumigated so you were staying with your boyfriend Mat, aka Matpat. “What?” you asked entering the kitchen to see Mat holding up a soda can and looking at you expectantly. “What is this?” You blinked, “A soda. Seriously I thought you were a genius, Mat.” He didn’t look amused. “And what brand is it?” You shrugged, “It’s pepsi, they were cheaper than the cokes,” you explained, and lied at the same time. “Where did you go?” Crap, he was on to you. “The Food 4 Less by the pizza place.” Mat cocked his eyebrow at you, “It’s always the same there…” You shrugged, “I guess they changed it.”

You went to leave but Mat caught your arm before you could. “(Y/N),” Mat said in a warning tone. You sighed, “I may like pepsi better than coke,” you admitted. “(Y/N)! How could you!” Mat only half-mocked offense. “It just tastes better,” you tried, but Mat put his hands over his ears, “La la la, I can’t hear you, la la la.” You rolled your eyes at how childish he was being. “Mat-” you began but he just continued, “La la la la la!” You laughed as you pulled his hands away from his ears, “Mat!” Matt stopped, but pouted. “Seriously, (Y/N), pepsi?” You shrugged, “I like it.”

You took the diet pepsi from his hand and walked to the living room. “You should try it,” you told him as he followed you. You handed him the soda as you sat down together. Mat took the soda but surprised you as he helped you drink it instead of drinking it himself. “Mat, what are you doing?” you asked after swallowing. “Tasting the new soda,” he answered before connecting your lips. You grinned into the kiss, putting the soda down to wrap your arms around his neck. As you broke apart, both breathless, Mat chuckled, “I guess I could learn to like pepsi. If this is how I get to taste it all this time.”