Chapter Eleven - This Is How It Ends

Sam wasn’t expecting to see Dean back in the room when he got out of the bathroom, let alone see him laying on top of you in what could have been the most awkward position ever.

Blinking a few times, he parts his lips to say something but you hold a hand up. “I think he’s finally asleep,” you say quietly. You kept as still as possible, Dean’s face was practically attached to your neck--you wonder how he was able to breathe. You were actually surprised he fell asleep so quickly...how tired had he been?

"Uh..."

"Don't ask."

Sam shrugs off your comment and switches off the lights. He blindly crawls back to his own bed and gets under the covers, relieved that at least you two had somewhat made up. After moving about to find a comfortable position, he spoke up, "Sure I can't ask?"

"Just know that he didn't say he was sorry."

"Hm, okay. Is everything all right now though?"

Dean growls something in his sleep and Sam shut his mouth, not wanting to wake him up. You remain relaxed, not wanting to tense up on the guy.

"Everything is fine, I just gave up. It's not a big deal anymore."

How fickle, Sam thinks to himself, remembering exactly how each of the two were acting just less than an hour prior to this. He wonders what exactly it was that Dean did, but figures that it wasn't really any of his business unless you decide to tell him. For now, he was just satisfied with the fact that he was able to keep his own bed and sleep without the tense atmosphere you two had kept bringing into the room.

"Good night then," he says while closing his eyes and bringing the blankets up to his chin, allowing himself to let go of his waking issues and welcome sleep.

"Good night, Sammy."

==========================

End.