Paradox

This is based on a true story, OUR true story. No joke, this is all completely true when we discovered we had the same dream about a week ago, but we are changing our names just for the sake of identity purposes. Yes my name is on my profile, but still hers isn't and we'd like to keep it that way. Hope you guys like :)

Prologue

“So Rayne, how was your Friday night?” Tessa smirked as she laid on Rayne's bed upside down while looking at one of her magazines.

Rayne pursed her lips as she looked at her petite friend lounging on her bed, “The same thing I told you at school on Monday. We just went to the movie theater and then went to a pizza parlor.”

Tessa rolled over so she was on her stomach and looked at her tall friend suspiciously, “Did you two kiss?” She asked referring to her date on Friday with John Marker. John was a nice guy who they occasionally saw and talked to around school, and the week earlier Tessa heard a rumor that he liked Rayne. John being one of the few guys taller than Rayne, Rayne immediately took a liking back to him, her being ecstatic when he asked her out after Tessa told her about the rumor and it had actually happened.

“No.” Rayne blushed.

Tessa jumped up and pointed at Rayne accusingly who was now tomato red, “Yes you did!” Tessa started to dance around her curly brown locks bouncing everywhere, “Rayne and John sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes—OW!” Rayne laughed heartily as the pillow she had thrown hit Tessa square in the chest, knocking her down.

Tessa pouted as she landed on her butt and got back up throwing the pillow back at her, “Jerk!”

Rayne laughed, “You love me.”

“Whatever makes you sleep at night.” Tessa scoffed.

“Usually a bed with some blankets and pillows would be nice...” Rayne trailed off smirking.

Tessa glared, “Your sarcasm isn't welcome here.”

“This is my house! And my room!” Rayne exclaimed.

Tessa looked around the room sarcastically, “No way! I thought we were in Narnia!”

“I thought sarcasm wasn't welcome here.” Rayne pointed out.

“Whatever.” Tessa waved a hand dismissingly.

The two friends sat in silence for a few minutes in their own thoughts before Rayne spoke up, “I had this weird dream last night...it's actually been going on for a few years now.”

Tessa raised an eyebrow, “Oh yeah? Even before we met?”

Rayne nodded, “Yeah, I never thought to tell you about it before, but I don't know...its weird Tes. I can sorta control it...only to an extent though. And it's always the same too!”

Tessa sat up and pulled the pillow to her chest, “Well go on, tell me about it.”

Rayne sat across from Tessa and looked at her hands as she tried to explain her dream, “This dream started when I was about nine or ten, and happened multiple times throughout the year, never more than four times. It always starts off the same, and its always the same setting. It's always in a haunted mansion and it has these four monsters in it.”

Tessa's eyes grew wide in fear as Rayne talked and cut her off, “Are those four monsters,” Tessa gulped, “A vampire, a werewolf, a mummy, and frankenstein?”

Rayne's green eyes locked with Tessa's brown ones, “How did you know?”

“Because I've had that same dream.” Tessa whispered.

P.s Tianajade I went ahead and dedicated this to you but the cover is being stupid on my computer so I can't upload it right away. It shall be up by the end of this week though.