Epilogue

Jake

The moment she said she loved me, I knew I couldn't let her go. Not again. I loved her far too much for that. But I've learned that love is not just kissing and holding hands. It's so much more, it's pain, it's hurt, it's keeping your loved one safe, and putting them first. I know I will always keep her safe. Always. I may have broken her, but I also saved her. I don't think I will ever fully forgive myself for shooting that blonde haired man, but I will be at peace knowing that Brittney, my Cinderella, forgives me.

These past few months, my world has changed completely. I'm no longer alone, I have the most wonderful woman in the world by my side.

She is a woman that has accepted me, all of me. My flaws, my past, my lifestyle, the good, the bad, everything. And I couldn't be more grateful.

I know that she is not perfect either, but no one is. She is as close to perfect as anyone could ever be. She's, kind, forgiving, and so, so beautiful. I couldn't have been more fortunate. For this woman, I would do anything, so when she asked me to give up my mafia life, I accepted without a second thought. I have enough money to last us two lifetimes each.

"Babe? What are you thinking about?" Brittney asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"How lucky I am. I have the most amazing woman by my side, ready to travel the world with me," I say and the blinding smile I love comes to her face, her eyes shining with love.

"Where should we go first?" She asks excitedly.

"Hmm, I've always wanted to go to Cuba."

"Cuba sounds amazing." She says with a grin.

"We'll be there in no time my love."

--------------

□Three Years Later□

We've been to Cuba, Hawaii, Iceland, France, Japan, and so many other places. Finally, we decided it's time we settle down, but we don't know where.

"Where do you want to live?" I ask Brittney.

She looks at me with those blue eyes that are so full of love.

"I loved when we traveled, but I think it's time we go home. I want to live on a farm, with horses so the kids can ride them someday."

My heart warms as she talks about us having kids together.

"How many kids do you want?" I ask.

"Well, I'd like to have two or three of our own, and adopt one from China? It broke my heart to see all the girls in the orphanage."

"That sounds amazing," I say with a grin.

"How about we get started right now?" I say in a low, playful tone.

"Hmmm, that can be arranged," I chuckle and throw her over my shoulder.

---------------

"Hello little one, my name's Brittney, but you can call me mom if you'd like," Brittney says softly to the little three-year-old girl in front of her. She has tears in her and I know she's really happy. She wouldn't stop talking about it all week.

"Hi mom, I-I'm Remy." The girl says, grinning at Brittney.

Brittney lets out a small laugh. She now has tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Why you sad mommy?" Remy asks, her eyes wide.

"I'm not sad, baby, I'm really, really happy," Brittney says.

Finally, Remy's brown eyes meet mine and she grins at me.

"Hello, I'm Remy!"

"I'm Jake, your new dad," I say with a small grin.

Her eyes grow wide, "I have a mommy and a daddy?" She says in amazement. That breaks my heart because this little girl in front of me should know what it's like to have parents there for her. I guess she will now. She speaks English well, which is slightly surprising, but I do know that the people who take care of the children here speak English.

"Yes princess, you do," I respond.

"Wow!"

Brittney bends down next to Remy and hands her a piece of paper. She whispers something in her ear and Remy nods, a huge smile on her face.

Remy walks over to me and grabs my hand, placing the paper in it.

"Thank you, princess."

"Your welcome."

Slowly I open the paper, glancing at Brittney who has a huge smile on her face. Yet she looks nervous.

I look down at the paper and read the words written on the paper.

We're pregnant!

I read the lines over, not really comprehending them.

Finally, something clicks, and I drop the paper, running over to her.

I pick her up and spins her around, both of us laughing loudly.

"I can't believe it!" I say breathlessly.

Brittney us having my baby, and Icouldn't be more excited.
************************************
Well... that's it! What did y'all think? I had a lot of fun writing this book, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Share it with your friends (that's would be awesome😂) if you'd like. BONUS CHAPTERS AHEAD.

Saving My Cinderella[COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara