Chapter 16-Spill

Brittney

"Clara I can't thank you enough for letting me stay here." I say to Clara.

"You don't have to thank me," she says with a small smile, "I'll always help a friend in need."

I pull her into a hug, giving her a sad smile when I pull away.

"I've got to go to work now." She says carefully.

I nod, "just please, don't tell him I'm here." My heart clenches painfully at the mention of him.

"Of course, I would never." She gives me a small wave before walking out of the house.

The house is dead silent, something I'm very used too.

I hate it.

It reminds me of John, of the house I lived in. Everything. My past, the loneliness. The pain. My hope, the hope that was crushed the day my father was shot dead. Shot dead by Jake.

My eyes fill with tears and I let them fall freely.

After I've officially cried myself out, I go to Clara's living room to watch Netflix. I see a show called Shameless and shrug, putting it on.

My mind wanders to yesterday. After storming out of the house, I called Clara. She immediately told me I could stay at her house, not asking any questions. As soon as I got to her place I told her everything over a tub of ice cream.

I look back at the show and laugh slightly.

I like TV because it fills up the unwanted silence.

----------------

"Come on B! You've been sitting on your rear moping for two weeks. It's time to go out and have some fun!" Chey says, trying to convince me to go to a party with her and Clara.

I let out a sigh, "Fine," I mumble in defeat.

Chey lets out a girly squeal and Clara claps her hands.

"It's time to make you look sexy," Chey says, rubbing her hands together.

---------------

Clara lets out a wolf whistle when I come out of the bathroom.

"Dang girl, you look hot!" She exclaims.

They put me in a baby blue dress that stops mid thigh and makes my eyes really pop. They didn't do anything with my hair, thankfully.

Apparently, they wanted to go to a mascaraed party so I have a white mask on with some easy to slip on heels to match. They haven't even told me where it is, but really I don't care. I just want to have fun, finally. Jake can go fuck himself for all I care. 

"Let's get this party started shall we?" Chey asks, looking stunning as always in a golden dress. She has a certain glint to her eye that makes me paranoid about what she's doing but I just shrug.

We walk out to Chey's beautiful Camaro that I am so jealous of and get in. The drive there is relatively short, taking only 20 minutes. I spent most of it in a daze, just trying to talk myself into having a good time.

I suck in a breath as we pull up. 

There is so many people.

I take a deep breath and slowly release it.

I can do this. It's time to have some fun.

I slip my mask on before stepping out of the car.

Chey and Clara confidently strut in front of me while I follow behind, trying not to break an ankle. Or lose a shoe.

I feel eyes following me, which slightly boosts my confidence.

I still am trying to accept that I'm not ugly, fat, and worthless. It's hard when that's all you've been called for the past six years of your life. After a while you believe it, you believe it because no one has ever called you beautiful, or special. Not a single person. So why wouldn't you believe them?

Chey and Clara stop in the middle of the dance floor and start to dance. I grin because I know no one will recognize me here, so I can be me without having to worry.

I start to dance to the beat along with Chey and Clara.

After a while of dancing, we go to find drinks. Clara grins at the bartender that is there, and he smiles flirtatiously back.

"Six shots please." She says to him and nods, quickly pouring them.

We all pick one up and raise them in the air.

"To a good night, full of dancing, drinking, and most of all fun!" Chey says. We all down the burning liquor. I welcome the feeling if my throat burning.

I down the other shot quickly before asking for another.

-----------------

"Ooo I love this song! Let's go dance!" I slur grabbing Chey's wrist. Clara got pulled away a while ago by some guy.

I drag Chey out to the dance floor stumbling slightly.

I quickly start dancing and everything around me sort of fades. I just focus on the song and dancing to it.

I jump slightly as I feel some hands on my waist, but I don't stop dancing.

I move my hips in rhythm with the man behind me.

Slowly I turn and wrap my arms around his neck. I look up into his striking green eyes. They're oddly familiar, but I shake off the feeling. I shamelessly look him up and down, not disappointed with what I see. He has a very sturdy frame, definitely well built. He has dark brown hair, almost black, and tan skin.

I giggle as he spins us around.

Slowly we come to a halt as we lock eyes. He bends his head down, stopping about an inch away from my lips. Something flashes in his eyes, but it's gone as fast as it came. He mumbles something under his breath that I don't quite catch before he closes the distance and brushes my lips lightly. I surprise myself by responding immediately, adding more pressure to the kiss. When he tries to deepen the kiss I freeze, suddenly realizing what I've done. My hands fly to my mouth, and I tear myself from his arms.

He stands there shocked, eyes wide and mouth open.

"I'm so sorry," I mumble as my eyes fill with tears.

I shouldn't have done that.

But it felt so good.

I turn around and attempt to run away and find Chey, but he gently grasps my arm, turning me around.

I jerk my arm away and slap him. He stands there shocked, and I do too, but my brain starts to function, and I take off running, shoving through the crowd. Cursing as I lose one of my shoes, I quickly take off the other, not stopping to get the lost shoe. I finally find Chey and Clara at the bar, drinking together.

"Guys can we go, please." I plead, as soon as they see my tear streaked face they both nod and I grab their arms and I practically drag them to the car.

"What happened!" Chey asks as soon as we are in the car.

"I kissed someone," I mumble through my tears.

They both look at each other before bursting out laughing.

"That's why you dragged us out of the club, crying? I thought someone held a gun to your head or something." Chey says as soon as she has her laughter under control.

"You guys don't understand," I say quietly. "I think it's time I tell you both about me, everything about me. Let's wait till we get to the house though."

They share a look before nodding.

As soon as we get home Clara grabs a tub of ice cream and three spoons.

We plop down on her bed before Chey says the one word I didn't want to hear.

"Spill."

************************************

Mascaraed ball, cliche I know. But I wanted to stick to the Cinderella theme, so there you go! Hit the little star at the bottom and tell me what you think!