02.

| chapter two |

Lacrosse try outs. Junior knew he wouldn't loose his spot on the team but it was still important to show up. But the second he stepped on the field he felt like turning around. Garett called on him from where he stood besides some small guy in a grey shirt. Junior gave him the finger and then ignored him completely and went over to Isaac.

"Garett is like an annoying fly who won't leave me alone, what's his problem?"

Isaac chuckled and the two went over to where all the other guys had lined up.
Stiles failed horribly as he tried to score and Junior almost felt bad for him.
Everything went well except Garett desperately trying to get Junior's attention and some guy getting hurt pretty badly.

When Junior left the locker rooms someone grabbed his arm and he turned around to be meet with brown eyes and a worried look.

"Hi, uh I'm Mason. Do you know where my friend is, he disappeared after lacrosse try outs." The guy seemed slightly nervous as he spoke and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"What's his name?"

"Liam Dunbar." Mason responded.

"Who the fuck is Liam Dumbar?" Junior asked. "And how can someone have such a ridiculous last name as Dumbar?"

"It's Dunbar, with a N. He's blonde with slight anger issues and tried to get into your locker and you called him little?" Mason spoke and Junior thought for a while.

"He got tackled and his foot got messed up or something, Scott and stiles brought him to the hospital. I'm not sure it was Liam since I don't pay much attention but the dude seemed angry and small." Junior said and Mason now looked awfully concerned.

"Don't worry, he's probably fine." Junior patted his shoulder and left. Reyna quickly spotted him and linked their arms together as they walked down the hallway.

"Hello, did you know that the Tate girl growled at me in math this morning. That's not normal right?" She spoke, earning a confused look from Junior.

The next day Junior held a cup of coffee in his hand and was wearing his headphones as he walked down the stairs in school. He was tired due to studying last night and not getting enough sleep.

Liam left class and his eyes quickly landed on the dark haired girl walking down the stairs. She was beautiful but his attention wasn't on her, it was on the guy walking behind her. Music seemed to play in the background as everything slowed down, Liam wondered if this was one of those cliche romantic moments. It was just something about the guy that made every inch of Liam react and want to be near him. Realization hit him and horror filled him.

He had a crush on this guy, who probably doesn't even know he exists.

He snapped out of the staring when the dark haired girl tripped and fell down the stairs. In worry Liam ran up to her and watched how the gorgeous guy just stepped over her with a glare, not noticing Liam at all. It shouldn't make him this sad, they don't even know each other.

"People gotta stop falling all over this place. Stiles is the clumsy one for God's sake." The guy mumbled but froze in his steps and turned around. Liam's heart skipped a beat as their eyes meet and the guy frowned. 

Junior wondered if this was the Dunbar kid as they stared at each other.

"Hey! Small blonde dude, are you friends with the Mason guy?"

"Uh yeah." Liam answered shakily while staring at Junior in shock. He liked the older one's voice, a lot. Junior nodded and his intentions where to leave but the blonde spoke up before he could.

"What's your name?" He asked while helping Kira up on her feet, she looked deeply embarrassed and avoided eye contact with both of them.

"Junior King." As he spoke Junior started walking away, knowing he would be late for algebra if he stayed any longer.

"Don't you want to know my name?" Liam asked.

"I already know your name Liam." Junior smirked, not knowing he made the blonde's heart flutter as he spoke.