Episode 1 - Part 1

[This is a free Wattpad preview - It will contain spoilers from Season 1. ]

Soul-shredding pain, that's all there is. I can't see, I can't feel, and I can't remember how I got here. There's only wave after wave of pain, like I'm standing on a beach of torment.

In the moments between each wave, I try to think clearly, just for a second, but get knocked down and tortured for my insolence. Then it passes, and instead of appreciating the peace, I go at it again. I'm just that kind of idiot.

For the millionth time, I try, and this time, the world around me changes.

There's a grey horizon with a shining, black sun sandwiched between a flat, obsidian floor and a midnight sky.

The pain is still there, inexplicably accompanied by a buzzing, but I push them aside just in time to notice a shimmering, outlined form, some kind of giant, heading for me.

I start backing up, but the giant keeps gaining on me. Part of me wants to turn and run, but there's nothing, nowhere. I stop moving and plant my feet.

Glancing down at myself, everything's blurry. I feel around, but I can't find any weapons. I curl my hands into fists as a scowl forms on my face.

The outlined giant stops several feet in front of me and reaches out with its huge hands. Strangely, it doesn't try to grab me but grabs hold of something invisible about a foot in front of me.

The giant pulls on it, and my pain becomes blinding. Mother of Mercy, what the yig is that?

Bracing itself, the giant lifts me into the air without touching me, its hands firmly gripping something. I don't understand why I'm not blacking out from the pain.

After flailing me back and forth, it throws me down to the ground and starts encircling me.

I want to cough, but there's no air. Curious, I reach out in front of me, but I can't feel whatever the giant was holding on to.

Where I am, it doesn't have the same rules as everything else. Concentrating, I feel something at the back of my mind: something important.

I stare at the black sun. It's almost like it's calling to me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the giant's getting ready for another approach, its hands out in front, ready to grab the invisible object again.

Suddenly I'm wracked by something sharp and strange out of nowhere. I instinctively cover my ears with my hands. It's painful, drilling into my thoughts.

The giant turns. Its hands move back and forth... There's something else... someone else? Why can't I see them?

That thing, the strange thing... it's got less bite. It's almost melodic. It's... sound.

The giant throws its hands up. It's annoyed.

My eyes dart about as I think, the buzzing trying to distract me and failing. That's got to be a voice.

Raising my chin, I point at the giant. "I don't know how, but I'm certain that you and that sun are my ticket out of here."

The giant grabs the space in front of me again and pulls. I'm yanked off my feet like a doll and tossed about. The pain's intense, but I don't care.

As I focus on the giant, its shape and features become more clearer. Then it says something... no, yells something. It's frustrated. The giant lets go and looks over in the same direction as the last time. Squinting, I can make out the outline of someone else.

I turn my attention to the giant just in time to see it nod and march on over.

Staying still, I wait to see what it's got in mind.

It puts one hand on the invisible object, and it goes to put the other one on my shoulder.

You're going to touch me? Big mistake. I grab its hand and everything vanishes in a bright flash.