"Fuck this. Listen, kitten," he says through his teeth and points his index finger at me. Apparently, Rath is a very short tempered demon who can't handle a little fire and he is one that doesn't care about personal space.

"There hasn't been a disembodied spirit in over three-thousand years, you are an anomaly. Whatever happened between you and Scarlett is something that could not have been done with a fucking spell under the moonlight. Either you or Scarlett did something and I'm going to find out," he continues.

I roll my eyes and shift my weight to one leg. I wonder when the universe will give up on picking on me and just give up. Is it even possible for two souls to possess one body?

"Why don't you ask Scarlett since you see her every day?"

"I would but she can't speak. That's what happens when you're a wandering spirit in my Kingdom, kitten, you lose the ability to communicate," he explains while taking another shot of vodka.

"I have a name, you know, it's not that hard to remember. What kind of name is Rathmoor, anyway? It sounds like a character from a video game," I snap, not caring about any of the things he said. All I know is that Scarlett is dead and I'm alive, very much alive. She's going to stay a wandering spirit until I the day I die.

He smirks. "You don't like it?"

"I don't."

"Not even Rath? Girls love screaming my name." He winks and my face turns red. The hairs on the back of my neck stand and I scoot away to cool my heated body down.

"I don't want to know what happens between you and girls," I take a shot of tequila.

He chuckles and I feel the burn of the alcohol in my throat. "Would you prefer to know what would happen between me and you then?"

"Sorry, sugar, I'm taken. I don't date demons anyway. I really just want to know your real name," I press. I highly doubt that he would give me the first initial, let alone his entire name. Once you know a demons real name you get some sort of power over them - they become weak, since it would be the only thing that would make them feel mortal.

His hard expression manages to amplify the five o'clock shadow on the hard edges of his jaw. As he is about to speak, I feel another presence enter the small bubble of space and I abruptly pull myself away from Rath's large body.

The Prince of the Merfolk and his incredibly tan, muscled biceps enter my vision and I groan inwardly. I'm just waiting for Valentine to come sweeping in to tell these two off. My eyes scan the entire room and I watch as Valentine strides over to Rowena, who seems to be glowing. I feel a pang of jealousy in my stomach as he gives a small bow and kisses her hand gently.

If it weren't for the intriguing news and details from Rath, I would have left a long time ago. This information could change everything about what I know about Scarlett. This all just urges me to find a way to open her damn journal.

"Yes, Rath, pray tell." Kai smiles and shows off his white teeth. His aura is blinding, like staring into the sun. Although very handsome, his boyish surfer appearance has no effect on me. I can tell that Kai is much too excited to be on land. Mermaids are very complicated creatures, they protect mankind, yet they also lure innocent humans into the deep to snack on their hearts. "You demons are always too sensitive about that."

"Last time I checked, you weren't part of this conversation, shrimp," Rath mocks, trying to shoo him away.

"That's Prince Kai to you, demon." The tall merman situates himself so that he is looking at Rath right in the eye.

"It's Demon King to you, mermaid," he barks in a deep, gravelly voice. If possible, his eyes turn darker and a shadow falls on his face making him look like a skeleton. The temperature rises and once again, beads of sweat dot my forehead and palms. My jaw drops to the floor. He must be lying - the Demon King never leaves Inferus. "And Rathmoor is the name I was given when I fell, five thousand years ago. I go by Rath and nothing else."