Chapter 28

*I would like to thank Xxgothic_loverxX and justlovefanfics for blowing up my notifications! Thank you guys so much and I LOVE the ship names by the way! And thanks to everyone who vote and read my story!!*

"Congratulations! You're pregnant! Pretty far along actually!" The doctor came back into the room.

"What?! That's impossible! I was in a bad wreck! The doctor said I lost the baby!" I told the doctor.

"Well, the tests don't lie. I can do an ultra sound seeing as you're so far along." He offered.

We both shook our head yes.

Until now I didn't realize how right I was squeezing Destery's hand.

All the anger from earlier had disappeared the second I asked him to drive me to the hospital.

He kissed my forehead and helps me off the table to the ultra sound chair.

The doctor covered my stomach in the cold clear goop. And put the tool up to my stomach.

It took a few minutes of searching but suddenly a little round abject came into few.

"And there it is!" The doctor pointed.

"But how is that possible!?The doctor said I Lost it!" I asked.

"It's possible it was a false negative." He said.

"But you just said tests don't lie!" I pointed out.

"Most of the time!" He corrected.

"Ok....so what do I do now?" I asked.

"Well, I will set you up with a different OBGYN. And we will get you started on vitamins and set up an appointment." The doctor explained.

"But I don't live in Tennessee permanently." I told him.

"Well we can set one up where you currently live." He offered.

"Come on babe, let's go." Destery squeezed my hand.

I nodded and got up.

----------------------------------------

"What are we gonna do?" I asked on the car ride home.

"I don't know, we need to talk." He said.

We pulled up to the house and went to my room.

"Look, I know you weren't doing anything at the club. I guess I was just, I don't know. Really drunk?" I said.

"I know, and when you got in that crash, I wanted it to be me instead. You don't know how badly I wanted it to be me!" He said.

"I know, and I'm sorry! Can you forgive me for leaving?" I asked.

"I can do you one better," he reached over to my nightstand and grabbed the ring,"Will you still marry me?" He asked.

"Of course you big dummy!" I let him put the ring back on me and we laid down, just talking and laughing like we used to. It was nice, even though I wasn't gone for that long it still felt like forever.

---------------------------------------

When my parents got back we told them I would be moving back to Florida, hopefully permanently.

My mom was a little apprehensive about me leaving, but she let me leave.

We set off on the long drive back with my stuff in the trunk.

----------------------------------------

We got home pretty late but Hannah and Nate were still awake playing cards on the couch.

When I stepped through the door Hannah dropped her cards and ran to me.

"Kat! Wha-, what?" She asked.

"I know, it wasn't planned. But Destery showed up this morning and some stuff happened. But we are Ok now." I explained.

"And we kinda have something to tell you." Destery started.

"Turns out.....I'm still pregnant." I told them.

The look on their faces was one if shock and happiness.

"What? But I thought-" Hannah started.

"I know, we did too, but the doctor said something about a false negative." I said.

"Well, is this good or bad? What's gonna happen?" She asked.

"Well, we are still gonna get married, I just guess my dress is gonna be a little bigger than planned." I joked.

Hannah hugged me again, "Just so you know, I totally claim rights to being the aunt and godmother." She laughed.

"Well duh!! Why are you even asking?" I said.

----------------------------------------

I was settling into bed, well Destery's bed.

I cuddled up to Destery as he draped his arm over me pulling me closer.

He kissed my neck, and played with my hair.

"I love you babe, and I'm glad you're home." He said.

"Me too." I snuggled in closer and fell asleep.

Until the nausea kicked in.....