"Is there a party you enjoy going to at least?" Dave asked and Angelina replied, "Raves. That shit gets intense when you walk in."

Dave laughs then Angelina asks as she sits down with her legs in front of her, "So, this girl, Jane, she doesn't like you back?"

Dave was walking back and forth on the sidewalk, "She likes me. Um, platonically. As a friend."

"Dude, I know what 'platonically' means. I'm not a dumbass like my brother." Angelina said looking up at him

"Sorry." Dave told her and Angelina replied, "It's okay, Dave. So have you tried telling her? Like physically talking to her about how you feel?"

"Nah. Not yet." Dave said shaking his head

Angelina told him, "Well, in that case, you shouldn't get your hopes up."

"Well, trust me, they're not up, okay? That's why I'm out here." Dave argued

"So you're hiding?" Angelina asked and Dave said, "I'm not hiding."

"Fleeing? Retreating, maybe?" Angelina asked and Dave said back, "No and No."

Dave sighed with defeat, "I just had to get out of there, okay? I couldn't exactly stand around watching the girl that I'm in love with flirt with the best looking guy ever. It's torture."

"Yeah, well, it's also torture when it's the other way around." Angelina said to him

Dave looks over at her as she stood up saying, "I think I should get back inside. My brother is probably making a fool out of himself."

She started walking to the door until Dave said, "Angelina, hey, let me ask you a question."

Angelina turns around looking at him and asked, "What's up?"

"Do you think it's possible that there's something I could say to this girl, uh, just some way I could tell her how I feel in a way that just would make her fall for me? You know?" Dave asked

Angelina said to herself, "You don't have to say anything to make a girl fall for you."

"What you'd say?" Dave asked. "Angelina?"

Angelina shakes her head and clears her throat, "I mean, what do you have in mind?"

Dave digs through his pocket and got out a crumbled piece of paper. "You wrote it down?" Angelina asked and Dave chuckled looking at her.

He held onto the paper and looked down at it and he read his letter:

"Jane...Janey, lately I've been feeling like there's so much noise. You know, uh, so much static. All these voices competing for attention. Teachers, parents, magazines. What's in, what's out, who's cool, who's not cool enough. And it's like all this shit just gets so loud, I feel like I can't even hear myself think. You know, I just wanna get in my car and drive. But then I see you. I see you across the hall, leaning against your locker, in that jacket that you love so much, and, uh, the way you tuck your hair back behind your ears. And you see me and you smile. You just smile, and it's like all that noise fades away. You know? And the only thing I could hear is the sound of your voice when you call out my name."