02

ASYLUM : 5SOS

02 : ROSE JACOBS

They walk in from the front doors with Manela and Marc gripping on them. They look like the legends Melissa told her about. But I could already tell they weren't. If they were brought in my Manela and Marc, they're not meant to be here. I was brought in here by Marc, so what do you expect?

The blonde one keeps asking questions on why he's here and how he's not meant to be here. He's an idiot, I can already tell. The other stay quiet. As they near to the cells, I go back into my cell, keeping my ear on the door, listening to everything. Melissa knew I did this, and she judged me for it. It wasn't necessarily my fault that I was curious by heart.

The black haired Asian one was literally making a joke about how his cells weren't the cells they were 'in before', when in reality, they've never been in here. I could already tell. Marc attempts to give the Asian a deadly look, but fails miserably. I had to keep in my small laugh. I was restricted from making any sounds.

Once the door closes, the blonde one blurts out something at the Asian, revealing his name to be Calum. Calum begins to talk about a plan to get out involving an Ashton and a Mitchell and a car. I have to fucking slap myself when I realize how stupid I'd been. Calum. Ashton. Blonde-haired. The last one had colored hair. These are 5 Seconds of Summer, a band in the rising.

Just because I was in an asylum didn't mean I had no connection to the outside world. I have my ways.

Ashton, and I'm almost positive his name was Luke, went out to make a phone call. Calum and, I remembered his name as Michael, chatted a little on pizza or some crap and then picked their own cells. Michael remembered something on urinating and Calum smacked him somewhere before angrily showing him a toilet in his small cell.

This was one hell of a something. They're lucky it's not bed time or else they'd be in extreme trouble. Ashton and Luke came back not too long later and separated into their own cells. I took it as a chance to come out of my cell.

Finally, it was the original quietness this asylum had. I hated my cell. I hated sleeping in there. It was so small, and so suffocating, I hardly spent any time in it, unless I was spying on new patients.

I smoothed out my uniform here and sat down on the floor. I looked to the wall in front of me, imagining scenes of my life, all before it went downhill with the accusation of me skinning two men in their sleep.

My imagination goes from happy thoughts to the night.

I was with Hanna and Ronnie when I heard police sirens. They stopped in front of Alexander and William's building and that's when I worried. I left Hanna and Ronnie and ran up to catch up to Alex and Will before the police did. I went through the back door since the front was too crowded.

I made it to their apartment, finding the door wide open. I went in the dark room and found Alex and Will completely skinned. I held in a scream and looked around the apartment. On the counter by the scene of their bare bodies, I found a bloody knife. I picked it up, muffling in my sobs.

I fall onto the floor, the knife still in my hands, sobbing. A minute later, the police come in and see me.

"Put your hands in the air!" they yelled.

"N-no," I mumbled. "You've g-got it wrong, I-I didn't do this."

"Put your hands in the air, I said!" they yelled louder. I drop the knife, putting my hands up in surrender, still heavily sobbing.

I snap out of it before I end up breaking down. I shake my head and look to my left. It's Luke. He's sitting in front of his cell with his head in his hands. I get up and quietly walk over to him.

"You seem the most anxious out of your friends," I speak up. He doesn't respond. "You couldn't sleep either?" He shook his head. "More than half of us hardly get any sleep at all; don't feel left out." I reassuringly, but fake, smile.

"I'm not supposed to be in here," he says in a calm monotone.

"None of us are meant of here. Or at least most of us," I lie. Only Melissa, Luanna, I guess Arden, and I are the only sane enough ones here. There's nothing a little therapy couldn't cure for any of them.

"Of course you would think that, you're insane," He laughs bitterly.

"Not all of us are insane, Hemmings. I've heard of you. You're not meant to be in here, and neither are your friends. Neither am I, or half these people. Not all of us are crazy. If anyone's crazy, it's the owners and workers in this damn hellhole."

I get up, and walk back to my own cell. This guy is an idiot. And he's not meant to be here. There's something very odd going on here and they're involved in it, I can feel it. I'll have to ask Melissa about it at breakfast, but for now, I had be on Luke's good side. Before I go in, I look back. I call his name. He tilts his head. I smile a flirty and cheeky smile. "I'm Rose, by the way. Rose Jacobs."

☠☢☠☢☠☢☠

"Up!" A voice yells, startling me. I wasn't asleep, I didn't lie to Luke last night when I said most people don't sleep here. But I was lost in my own thoughts, and it scared me a bit. It was one of the stronger employees here, Jacob. I don't know why he was helping out here. He seems like he could carry a car with his bare hands, so why doesn't he do good to the world?

I grab myself up and wait for my cell door to be opened. See, every morning an employee comes in, tells us to wake up, and opens up all our cell doors. Once we're all out, we walk like kindergarteners to the cafeteria. It's an odd asylum with weird passage ways, but I found my way through them easily after the amount of time I've been in here

They finally open my cell door. I'm the last one, so once I'm out, we all walk to the cafeteria. I'm walking silently with my hands on my sides until I notice the four guys from yesterday, the band, were'nt in line. Although we weren't allowed to speak, I rebelled against it and elbowed Melissa gently.

"What?" She hissed, acting as if that actually hurt.

"Where did the four boys go?"

"What four boys? The new ones?"

"No, the random insane ones I obviously give a fuck about," I bite back in a sarcastic tone.

"They're getting fitted for their uniforms," Melissa replies. She knows this because she's stayed up last night. I feel so bad for her, despite my snarky attitude towards her. She either gets no sleep at all, or gets extremely horrible sleep. The girl was always cranky and snarky as well, but it's all because of the sleep issue. And when that one night a month comes by, she keeps the entire asylum awake with her deafening screams.

"Really? I didn't think they'd stay here long enough," I reply casually,  not trying to hint off that I was thinking about her nightmares again.

"And why is that, Rose Jacobs?"

"No talking," Jacob warned sending us a deathly threat. We arrive into the cafeteria. We're meant to sit silently until everyone's gotten their food. Person, after person, after person, I finally go up and get my food. The food tastes like shit here, and I don't eat until it's Thursday because that's when they cook pasta. And even in an asylum, pasta is always good. I sit down in my assigned seat next to Melissa.

"Because, Melissa Monroe," I reply, mocking her use of saying my full name. "They're innocent."

shorter chapter but i wanted it to end there okay? okay. but what do you think of melissa? also, it's only the second chapter and im more than halfway to 1k reads so thank you for that ily !!! also, if you didn't notice, i'm changing each chapter's pov with the person in order from 00.