The Day Of. (Chapter 27)

The sounds of a chicken startles me awake. I look to my phone to see my alarm is going off and the ringer is a chicken. I groan and begin to get ready. I silently praise my aunt for letting me miss school for this eventful day. I begin my morning routine by grabbing my towel to shower.

After my shower I brush my hair out and then look for the clothes I'm going to wear to the audition.  I decided on a pair of dark wash jeans and a dark blue v-neck shirt with my black hoodie and converse. I go back into the bathroom to dry out my hair and let my hair down like usual. I put on the smalls trace of makeup and am finished within an hour. My phone rings again.  I answer it to hear Zayns deeper voice.

"Hey babe almost ready?" He asks.

"Yeah are we meeting everyone at Jerry's?" I ask referring to our hangout spot.

"Yeah, we're meeting them there. Be there in ten minutes. Bye love." He smiles over the phone.

I begin to grab a small purse-like bag and fill it with items I could possibly need. Charger, phone, headphones, and my wallet. I hesitate to leave lotion and sun screen but quickly grab both. I walk out to see my aunt, a grin on her face.

"Good luck honey." She grins.

"Thanks, you'll all be there right?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course. This is a big day and we all are coming to support you." She grins.

"Okay well, I'll text you when we're almost going ton perform." I remind.

"How could I forget, you've told us all week." She smiles. When I'm going to speak again a horn goes off out front.

"Better go, don't want to be late." She smiles and waves.

I walk out to see Zayn's old car with him in it.

"Ready?" He asks while driving forward.

"I think so." I smile.

"Good, I'm nervous." He says.

"Don't be, we will do great." I smile and grab his free hand. We deive towards downtown to the small diner, Jerry's. When we arrive we walk in to see all our friends in the large booth in the back.

"Zayn, Rebekah! Todays the day! who's ready?" Louis asks in a very good mood.

"God, mate I'm so ready for this." Harry grins at his friend. A waiter comes around, none of us orders food but we all order drinks. The nervousness is creeping up and the feeling isn't pleasant. I feel my body tense at the thought of potentially singing in front of thousands of people and even just four judges.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Zayn whispers in my ear while coversations continue around us.

"Nothing, just nerves." I reassure him. He rubs my shoulders to loosen me up then hugs and kisses me.

"Don't worry." He grins and kisses my lips.

"Sure." I smile trying not to worry. The time is already nine and we need to get there to wait for our turn to showcase our voices. We all agree to meet in the same parking lot. Zayn and I leave for the large venue to find dozens of people already there, waiting. We park and wait for everyone to show up. Louis, Harry, Eleanor, and Kyle arrive first then Liam and Angela. Finally Niall and Penny come last.

"Sorry. We got a bit lost." Penny says.

"Its fine, let's go sign in." Zayn says leading the way. We walk up the the surprisingly clear table to get out numbers.

"Styles, Harry."

"Anderson, Rebekah."

"Malik, Zayn."