New Side (Chapter 3)

The second day of school wasn't bad. I breezed through my first couple of classes. Harry asked in person about the party and I agreed. The party was in two weeks. The class I was looking forward to was French. I couldn't wait to see Zayn. By the time music began I felt so impatient. When the bell rang at the end of lunch I said goodbye to Penny and Angela.

I was first to French. I played angry birds again. I heard a single person come in. I peeked and saw it was Zayn. He sat down without even a hi or a look, the bell rang signaling class had began. Ms.Bernard announced that we would be going outside today. We would be identifying different objects outside with our partners. We all walked out together. I looked around and noticed Zayn had disappeared.

I went around a corner near a deserted area of the school. I found him leaning toward the wall. He held a cigarette between his long fingers. He took in a long breath. He held it then slowly let it out. He turned in my direction. He gestured with his hand for me to come over. I stood next to to him.

"You smoke?" he asked.

"No." I said shkong my head. I felt so immature with him.

He put the cigarette in my direction. I took it, wrapped my lips around it then inhaled. I coughed right way. He chuckled "No worries happens on everyones first." I blushed at the thought of firsts. I tried a couple more times and it was becoming easier. He was watching me. I did it once more then gave it back.

"Wow, I just corrupted virgin lungs." he laughed to himself. I just smiled.

I never pictured Zayn to be that type, he had been so quiet these past few days. I think I like this side. I smiled at him and he returned the smile this time. He was finally responding to me.

"We should get back to the class." I said. "Yeah, we should." he said throwing the cigarette to the floor then smashing it under his foot.

"Class,"the teacher spoke "We have homework!" She seemed to be cheering. She handed out the assignment and I felt so clueless. Zayn must have seen my face.

"So," Zayn started "You look like you might need some help. Do you want to work on it at one of our houses or something?" he asked with ease.

"That sounds great, my house fine?"

"Yeah cool, I have a car so, if you want I can give you a ride? "

I nodded. We agreed to meet in the front.

"World history is so boring." Angela complained as we walked to our last class, Home Ec.

Today we were supposed to be copying down the recipes for cupcakes and stuff but we had somehow started talking about my after school activities.

"ZAYN MALIK?!",Penny yelled to the whole class.

"Shut up, I don't want everyone to know." I said in a hushed whisper.

"You don't want everyone to know what?" Harry asked, coming from nowhere.

"That she has a study date with Zayn Malik." Angela said before I could even comprehend what Harry said.

Harry wiggled his eyebrows "Oooh date, nice one Rebekah."

I rolled my eyes, "We are just working on french homework."

"Yeah, the language of romance." Harry said with a grin. I rolled my eyes again then looked at the board trying to focas.

"I bet you like him, that's why you are so defensive" Penny joked. I was blushing so much. Penny saw my face,"Oh my God, you do like him!" She squealed with happiness. I just laughed. "I need to text my aunt" I said trying to change the subject.

(AI-Aunt Irene R-Rebekah)

R-Hey Auntie is it okay if one of my classmates comes over we have some homework to do.

AI-Yes that's fine as long as she's okay squeezing in the van.LOL

R-Oh, well he has a car, and he offered to drive...so..

AI-Ohhh its a he well of course that's fine!..Is this your boyfriend? Its okay honey you can tell me anything! We're like bffs!

Oh my God my aunt is hilarious!

R-Haha no he's just a friend. Thanks.

AI-No prob girl friend...

Well....My aunt is officially really weird.

~•~

The bell just rang as I walk to the front of the school. Zayn is already waiting, I walk towards him. We greet each other and he points to his car. We walk over and I climb into the wrong side.

"Sorry, American here" I mumble as he laughs. I walk to the other side and climb in again. We sit there waiting as the car warms up. He asks if he can smoke. I tell him he shouldn't because then we will smell like smoke. He agrees and I start directing him to the house. My aunt is already home.

We walk in and go to the kitchen area. My aunt comes from the kitchen. "Well hello, you must be Rebekahs friend. I'm her aunt Irene, nice to meet you." she says holding out her hand.

"Nice meeting you too Mrs.Harries, My name is Zayn Malik." he says with a smile on his face. She looks at me winks then goes off somewhere.

"My room is upstairs" I point to the stairs. We walk there we are passing the twins room when they come out. "Hey Becka!" Harmony and Marissa both say. They look at Zayn and smile. "Girls this is Zayn, these are the twins, Harmony and Marissa. My room is the last one on the right." I say pointing again. He walks over and into the room.

"Wow Becka! he is cute! is he your boyfriend." I blush.

"No girls he's just a friends..." Well those are teenage girls for you.

I walk to my room when Kyle is coming out of his. He stops awkwardly in front of you. He walks past without saying anything. Well, it think to myself, that was awkward. I finally reach my room room. Zayn is sitting on my bed.

"You family asks a lot of questions." he says while laughing. "Yeah, I guess they do." We got out paper out.

*Twenty minutes later*

I sighed,"Zayn, I really can't do this."

"Don't say that you'll get the hang of it..eventually." he said with sympathetic look on his face. "Do you want like something to drink? Lets take a break." I suggested. He smiled at the idea. "Yeah that sounds like good idea."

We walked downstairs, my aunt was cooking. I went into the kitchen to get some juice.

"Becka," my Auntie whisper shouted." Your 'friend' is quite attractive." I gave her a really creeped out look."You are quite weird." I said as I got two cups. She laughed. "Ask him to come in here please." she asked. I was a little scared. I went out to him,"My aunt....wants...to talk to...you." I told him. He walked to the kitchen. I followed after. "Zayn, honey would you like to stay for dinner?" she asked looking really sincere. My jaw dropped. He saw my face and laughed. "I would love to Mrs. Harries." he replied. She laughed,"Please, Irene is fine." he just nodded. We got our drinks and went upstairs.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want." I was thinking. "No its okay I want to." he said. I thought to myself 'oh I said that out loud..' He laughed again and said "Yes you did." I blush again."There is something wrong with me today." I laughed.

~•~•~•~

Blushies!...I dunno...but hey comment please, if you like it or if you don't like it. A comment would just make my day :)