Tangled in Lyrium

The party zoomed to the Old City Slums and arrived at the Elven Alienage. Sharps highwaymen greeted them as they quietly crept to the alienage. Hawke  threw fireballs, Varric shot arrows, the guard slashed her sword and Matrix used her arrows.

   Although Matrix has discovered her new power, she doesn't want to use it very much.

   They fought good with Matrix as if she is already a companion. Sooner or later, the alienage was clear and everything silenced. "There!" Hawke shouted suddenly and pointed to an abandoned house.

   They entered the house and looked for some left crates that hold lyrium but all Hawke found was a crate bearing one single dagger. One door left and they might hit jackpot. Hawke opened the door but street thugs were guarding the cargo.

   One threw a bomb at Varric's feet and exploded. The dwarf fell on his hands and got up in time to dodge an attack. Matrix reached for her arrows but a thief had taken her bow. She looked back and her arrows had been taken as well. She glanced at the man that had taken her weapons. The thug had thought he had her unarmed but she had her daggers.

   She unleashed her daggers and started swiping out thugs in her way. An archer was aiming at her and Matrix just threw the dagger at his head while using her ropes to choke men and pick up her daggers. Her bow and arrows were a mess and she could never use them twice so she just left them there.

   "Someone must've picked the lock. Anso's goods are probably in that crate," Hawke said to his companions. "If there are any goods," Matrix mumbled loud enough for the party to hear.

   Surely enough, there isn't anything in the crate. "It's empty," Hawke told his group. Everybody's eyes turned to Matrix. "How'd you know?"

   No reply. "I guess we have no choice but to go back to Anso and tell him," Hawke once agin told his group. "No need," Matrix whispered to herself and surely the guardswoman heard her.

   Hawke opened the door and villainous looking people were outside, waiting for them. "That's not the elf. Who is that?" a woman glanced at them.

   "It doesn't matter. We were told to kill whoever enters the house," a man in a helmet replied quickly and pulled his sword from his back.

   Tevinter hunters, Matrix said in her mind. How did I know all this? Silver spoke nothing of this.

   Hawke's group raised their weapons and prepared to battle. Defeating the first group of hunters was easy but more slavers and slaver mages just kept coming. They had to use specialties, now and soon succeeded in killing the villains. Still, Matrix can sense three more people watching them.

   A man walked towards the group. "I don't know who you are but you made a serious mistake coming here," the man warned. One down. "Lieutenant, I want everyone in the clearing, now!" Nobody came. Matrix now sensed only two people watching them.

   A soldier limped to the other man with his back bleeding. Another way to steal hearts? I would love to see this. 

   "Your men are dead and your trap has failed. I suggest going back to your master while you can," an elf with a very deep and attractive voice spoke. 

   "You're going nowhere, slave," the man held him by the shoulder. The elf suddenly glowed electric blue like a lyrium ghost. He turned to the slaver and pushed his hand though the slaver's chest.

   Hmm, Matrix wondered. Might as well try that with my nails. Matrix looked at her hand and her nails made a high sound like a sword being unsheathed. They turned sharper and longer and black. She let her hands glow once more and red ropes slithered from her palms.