Lost Without Home

Silver wanted to get a glimpse of the sea. She traveled to the mountain where they-Silver and Matrix-once train, Sundermount. The open air, the perfect view of the moon and the stars. Soon, night arrived. Silver was still picnicking in the mountains. What an innocent child she is, not even knowing if there is danger up there.

   Silver wondered further into Sundermount and eventually found a camp with strange-looking flags. The camp was full of elven with strange-looking tattoos. Yuck! Silver thought. She hated tattoos but she didn't know why. There were two guards in green armor. Silver thought it would be polite to ask them all about the camp but as soon as she stepped out of her hiding place...

   "Halt, shemlen!" a male elf shouted. "Your kind is forbidden to enter this camp."

   "Wait,"called the female elf. "She might be the one the Keeper is talking about."

   "Wait, hold on. I didn't mean to startle you and all but," Silver began to speak. "What is this place? Why are you living in here and what keeper?"

   "You are not from around here, are you?" the male elf asked.

   "No," Jade quickly answered.

   "Dalish hunters are very strict, I know," A female elf said. This elf had a strange pattern of tattoos on her face but her appearance was adorable in such a way. Her outfit had the colour of various leaves and even though it was messy, it fitted her very cute face. Her teal scarf wrapped her neck. Her shoulder pads were very feathery and she didn't wear shoes. Her leafy eyes shone with humility.

   "Why come here, shemlen?" The elf with the leafy outfit asked. "No one visits the Dalish anymore."

   "Merrill!" the male elf shouted.

   "It's alright. She looks innocent."

   "Looks can be deceiving."The other one added.

   "I can take her to the Keeper to examine if she does nothing to harm our kind," Merrill suggested. Sooner or later, she took Silver's arm and quickly skedaddled to a very old elf.

   This elf had gray hair and yellow tattoos on her face. She wore gray clothes instead of green.

   "Merrill. Why, you brought a visitor," The elf smiled warmly.

   "Keeper Marethari." Merrill bowed a little.

   "Are you the one sent by my old friend to deliver something?" The keeper asked.

   "No," Silver repeated. "I only found this camp because I'm lost. I don't know where I am heading to either. My sister's already on the move and I'm supposed to follow her where ever I go. But I kinda broke that rule."

   "Keeper, is she really telling the truth?" Merrill asked.

   "Indeed she is," Marethari cooed. "Child, what is your name?"Marethari asked, studying Silver.

   "Silver," she replied in a very small voice.

   "Silver, since you are not from here and you are lost, why not stay with us for awhile until someone claims you as her sister? You shall be staying with Merrill if you wish too."

   "Oh, I'd be happy too! Merrill welcomed me in this camp first so I'm happy to stay with her," Silver beamed.

   "Lovely! Silver and I would be great friends and we could practise magic together," Merrill agreed.

   That's funny, Silver thought. I never told her I was a mage.

   They thanked the Keeper and ran off to a cliff somewhere in Sundermount. "So, how often do you practise magic, Silver?" Merrill asked as she tried to start a conversation.

   "Hey, how did you know about me being a mage?"

   "I... often spy on people I see in Sundermount," Merrill admitted. "I once saw this very nice man with the orange shirt and a very muscular arms. He has this very heavy-looking sword in his back..." Merrill blushed. "So I always spy on people in case that was him," she added.

   "Omygawd!" Silver exclaimed. Merrill glanced at her, confused. A very strange word for her and her clan. "You like him, dontcha?"Silver asked.

   "Um..." she shuffled her feet and look down at the grass. The ground was wet from the rain that showered Kirkwall the previous days but Merrill found the ground very cool to the toes. "Maybe."

   "You are in love, girl! That's awesome!" Silver continued to shout and tried to float high enough not to burn the grass.

   "I forgot that you're not from here," Merrill laughed then felt hot air at her side. She looked at Silver but turned out looking at a pair of blazing feet. Merrill shrieked.

   "What?" Silver floated even higher. "You haven't done this before?"

   "No," Merrill replied. "No mage does that."

   "How come I'm doing this? Aah!" Silver hit her head and her right hand on a rock.

   "Oops." Merrill ran to Silver but couldn't help. "I'm sorry but I don't know any healing spells. But there might be a-"

   Silver's hand was glowing black. It was like lyrium that glows in every mage's hand except it glows only in her right hand. Her hand might be on blue fire but it felt cool but not too cold which is strange.

   "Merrill, stand back. I'm gonna try something."

   Merrill backed away a few steps and Silver breathe deeply.

   With her hands glowing, Silver tried to create a fireball. Instead of an orange-coloured orb, she made a blue sphere. She held the orb and threw it to a nearby rock. The orb hit the rock but at first, nothing happened. It just floated. Then suddenly, The orb began to rotate in different directions slowly. It spun faster and faster as time past by. It spun until the two couldn't follow its direction and the orb suddenly expanded like a doorway.

   "A portal," the two said in unison. "You just summoned a portal," Merrill repeated.

   "I know," Silver answered back, still staring a her newly-found power. She turned to Merrill. "We must never speak about this to anyone except my sister until the time comes..."

   "What time?"

   "Just time."

   "Shall we go see where it leads to?" Merrill innocently questioned. Silver nodded and they soon slowly entered the portal, seeing only a cloth of light covering their eyes while Silver only thought, I hope my sister is fine.