Chapter 8

•••••••••

My world stop, well kind of as Katie said those words. Dad was furious about this, his pupils were turning black as much as Toby who was on high alert. As for mom who was worrying too.

Katie held the flower away from her face, like hating its smell but eventually took one more sniff. Toby looks disgusted by it.

"What the hell?!" he shrieked, taking it from Katie's grasp. Katie was appalled by it. She crossed her arms at him huffing, told you she is crazy.

"What? It had a faint manly smell," she pouted as Toby and I growled at the same time because of jealousy. They all stared at me in surprise. I gave them a 'Toby did too, so look at him too 'look.

"Did I hear you correctly?" Katie said in surprise. I rolled my eyes as Jack took the flower from Toby and read the note.

"Don't!" I shrieked as I tried to take it away but Toby held me back. I growled and wiggled from his iron grasp but no use.

"What?" Jack asked in disbelief, reading the note. I sigh nervously as Dad snatched it away from Jack who stared at me in pain.

I got out of Toby's grasp, and quickly took it from dad, hiding it from him. Dad looked like he wanted to poop or something. Haha.

"What is it, Rob?" Mom asked grabbing Dad's arm as he stepped forward to me with angry eyes. I looked around finding where I have to hide.

I spotted Delta peter and hid behind his back but still peeking on dad and the three boys who looked ready to poop and two girls who were worried clueless. Alpha Bryan laughed at my gestures like there's nothing funny about this! I'm going to get killed!

"He's your mate!?" Dad growled lowly, what's so bad about that? He's a vampire who cares? I know he has nothing to do with the killings, my guts say so.

I didn't answer as peter stepped aside letting dad get a good view.
Toby didn't look angry, he was just sad, but it did affect Jack, he looked like I died or something.

"Answer." Dad growled. Of course, he is the alpha, I couldn't say no at all. Mom tried to calm dad but failed.

"Robert, stop that. There's nothing wrong if her mate is a vampire," Mom explained. But dad didn't listen. Alpha Bryan and his beta looked worried too, but for dad.

"I want to hear it from her," Dad pushed in. I sighed, Toby gave a 'trouble look.

"Fine, he's my mate," I said harshly, as dad couldn't believe it. He's the one who asked.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hand. Mom had an I'll take care of it look'. Jack was hurt by this as he wanted to cry.

"Robert, let her be. She has her own choices that she'll make," Alpha Bryan said. I smiled at him, but dad didn't look good.

"Don't step into this Bryan, I don't want a killer or a bloodsucker in this family," Dad growled out, pained filled In me. He is my father and should understand me but yet he said that. A tear slipped from my eye.

"The last thing I wished was for you to understand like a father but yet, you insulted my other half," I said through gritted teeth. Dad regretted his words as I cried. I quickly ran up the stairs and shut my door with a boom. I sobbed as I went under the covers and closed my eyes until I fell into a deep slumber with pain in my chest.

————————————••

It's been a week since our little argument, what my dad said had pained me in the gut. I was devastated because I thought he was the first to be happy to hear but yet he was the first to insult.