Chapter 5

He let go smiling. He then immediately started putting things back. I just watched how he took the time to place it perfectly, not even a centimeter out of place. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around. I jumped seeing a giant giraffe in my face. "HOLY!" I yelled falling on my butt. "Oops, sorry. Anyway my name's Patty. My big sis over there is Liz" Said Patty pointing to the taller girl. Thought so. "Who are you?" She said getting in my face. "M-my name's (y/n)." I said scooting backwards. "Are you Kid's friend?" She said getting closer. "I-I think." I said scooting back into a wall. "You think? If he brought a girl home then you must be his friend." She said getting in my face again. Tears started rolling down my face. "C-can you not be that close please?" I asked. "Why?" She said getting closer. "P-please." I said through tears. Then Kid ran up and pulled Patty away from me. "Hey! If she asks you to not be that close don't. It's common courtesy." He said. He turned back to me. "Are you okay? I apologize on her behalf." He said. "I-it's okay. I don't like people in my face. I-it reminds me of my home." I said wiping my tears. "You ran from there for a reason, I'm guessing. You don't need to go back, this is your home now. Whether you like it or not." He said standing up. I smiled. "Thank you." I stood up. "Do you need any help?" I asked Kid as he got back to his work. "No I think it would take longer explaining how I want things to be. Sorry." He said fixing some candles. "Fair." I giggled. "Is there anything I can do?" I asked feeling bored. "Well. Since you're sleeping here then you can talk to Liz about clothes. I don't understand women clothing." He chuckled. I nodded and headed towards Liz. "Umm. So I was suggested to talk to you about clothes." I said rubbing my arm. "You were suggested to the right person then." She said. She grabbed my arm and dragged me to her room.

I sat on her bed when she opened her closet doors dramatically. "Let's see.." She said to herself, looking at me every so often. She finally pulled out three outfits. The first one was a (f/c) t-shirt with a black and white plaid over-jacket. Black skinny jeans and white flats. The second outfit had a black beanie, white t-shirt with a dark blue jean-jacket. This went with dark blue short shorts and (f/c) leggings, as well as white wedges. The last one had a white beanie, black long-sleeved shirt and white shorts over black tights with darker skulls on them, with black high tops. I chose the third one. "Cool! I think Kid will like that too." She said. "Why would his opinion matter? The outfit is perfectly symmetrical, even the placement of the skulls on the tights." I stopped her before she left me to change. "No reason." She smiled leaving. I just shrugged and got dressed. I walked down the hall and down the stairs. Actually I practically jumped down the stairs. Of course I wasn't thinking before I jumped and fell on someone. I opened my eyes and saw Kid. I blushed. "S-sorry." I stuttered standing. "It's fine, just a little tumble." He said standing. "I was going to check on you. You took a while. Well now that you're here I can tell you that I made dinner and it's ready." He said turning to head towards the dining room. "Really?" I asked catching up with him. "Yes. It's (f/f)" He said. "What's that?" I asked not understanding. "You'll see." He smirked and turned. "Hey (y/n), you look nice." Said Liz. "O-oh! Thanks. It's only because of you." I smiled and walked to the table she was at. "Not really, I only gave you some choices. You chose and totally rock the outfit you're wearing." She said as I sat down. "T-thanks." I said blushing. I then saw a plate being placed in front of me. I looked behind me and saw Kid with three other plates. He then placed plates in front of Liz and Patty before serving himself. I saw everyone else start eating and all I could do was stare at the food. It looked good, I think. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. "Go ahead, eat. I didn't poison it." Said Kid. "O-oh! I'm just not hungry." I lied. But of course my stomach told the truth, it grumbled loudly and I blushed. "You are hungry, go ahead and eat." He said. I shook my head. "It's fine. I only eat once every three-" I stopped myself. "Please excuse me." I said standing up. I ran out of the manor. 'God fucking damn it! You blew it (y/n)!' I thought as I ran to a random alley way. I punched the wall and yelled. "Fuck." I said as my hand started bleeding. "Whatever. I have to get some sleep if I'm to go to school tomorrow." I said sitting down. "(y/n)? Why are you here? Come on, let's go home."