Losing it all!!

After awhile of being in the business I was making great money and living it I never had to worry about anything. I always had cash on me to get what I wanted. I had everything anyone could dream of. I was living life with everything I wanted. I mean this part of my life because at home it was completely different hiding the good side of life from my family was pretty easy except when I needed to go places and couldn't but the escape I got when I would go out and do the drugs and make the money was exciting I had completely left my best friend Nikki behind and wasn't even thinking about it.
     When I had finally ran into Nikki she wanted to meet up with me and catch up at our secret spot so I agreed to meet her at five that way we could both change after school.
     By the time school ended I had taken off to sell and make some more money and completely forgot about meeting up. It wasn't until later that night around seven when I was chilling at the club doing a line with a couple girls that I remembered.
     I took off and raced to our spit knowing I messed up. When I finally got to our spot I found a letter on the table on the front it said "I waited till seven to leave. I Love You!!!" I knew I had just missed her so I was hoping she wasn't asleep or out with someone else so I took off to her house.
     When I arrived at her house all I could see was lights so I ran around to her bedroom and that's when I saw her. She was lifeless as they took her bloodied body down from the rope. I tried to look away but the writing in blood caught my eyes and it read "You were late"
     I took off back to our spot again not wanting to face the reality of what I just saw. When I got there I just sat on the couch holding the letter she had left. I slowly opened it and began to read
     "I'm so sorry my love. I waited as long as I could but I had this feeling that you had forgot all about me. I know you have a life to but I wish we wouldn't have drifted apart. I missed you. I know by the time you find me I will already be gone and I just want you to know I love you.
     I only have one request from you and that is you turn your life around I've watched you at school from a distance and outside of school from afar and your going down a path of destruction. Please before you ruin your life give all of it up and get clean turn your life around and make a better life for yourself. Please for me you are a bright and intelligent person please give up that life and do the right thing. I love you so much." Signed Your best friend and Love Nikki
      I lost my best friend that day. It took me a couple moths to fully get clean but I made a promise that I would turn my life around. I said good by to everyone that I knew and started over. I have never fully gotten over this and may never because there is and always be that small part of me who believes it was my fault for the way she went and that I could have saved her had I spent more time with her and not pushed her away.
     So I'll leave it at this please pay attention to your friends and never push anyone away because you never know when it will be their last day.