The day we met!

Chapter 1

It's five o'clock in the morning when I look at my clock for the 4th time. It's only been an hour. I pulled my self out of bed and went to do my normal routine, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, then head to school. I hated school almost as much as I hated being at home.
My parents had been in fights for a long time now. My dad was in prison for what seemed like the 100th time. He was rarely out for very long. So they got a divorce. I know my mom worked extremely hard to keep food on the table and a roof over my families head but still life was bad!
So as I left for school I took the long way walking through the alleyways staying off the main roads so that no one could see me! As I smoked my last cigarette that I had I threw the package and yelled "dammit" knowing that I was going to go through hell trying to get more. I had resorted to smoking and drinking on the weekends to get the pain to go away. It never really did though. As I took the last drag of my cigarette I noticed someone up ahead of me which wasn't normal because no one else walked down these alleyways but me. I noticed that it was a girl leaning against a building smoking. She looked like she was trying to hide from the world too. All I could think about was how gorgeous she looked and how perfect she was even though I didn't know her at all. I thought to myself I have to get to know her.
As I got closer she tried to hide the cigarette. I looked at her and said "You don't have to hide it."
"I didn't think anyone walked down these alleyways!" She said
"No one but me walks down these alleyways anymore." I said
"Yea...So what's your name?" She asked.
"Desiree, what's yours?" I said
"Nicki, it's nice to meet you Desiree." she replied.
"Yea...so where you headed?" I asked
"To the high school, you?"
"Same here!"
"Cool we can walk together!"
As we walked along and we talked. I learned we weren't in any class together which was a bummer cause we were getting along so well together but we both made plans to meet up after school to hang out! So we said our goodbyes and headed out to our separate classes!