wedding day [chase elliott]

word count: 1343
requested by: ravenkicks
summary: the Elliott family reminisces wedding day
warnings: n/a
date published: August 23, 2017 / 1:17 pm
authors note: so the end is kinda sucky bc I didn't know how to end it, but this gif is from my favorite video on the internet / hope you enjoy it Lane and I hope I covered everything you wanted!

-

"Mommy!" Jorge called, running up to me at the sink. "Yes baby?" "Daddy said that we could watch the wedding movie! Will you watch it with us?" I smiled and bent down to a more fitting height. "I'll be over in a few minutes, I have to finish the dishes." I smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead. He smiled and ran back in the den quickly. Memories of our wedding day came flooding back to me.

-

I heard Chase's song playing outside softly, adding to my already existing nerves. I listened to the calming lyrics of I Met A Girl by William Michael Morgan as I inspected myself in the mirror. I sang the song softly to myself as I fixed a strand of hair that fell out of my updo. I checked my nails one last time and slipped on my white stilettos. I flattened out my dress to give my hands something to do, while I waited for the end of the song. I hummed along to the lyrics as I admired how the dress fit my body.

It had an open back with a lace jacket that connected to the waist, where thin layers of cloth cascaded down my body. I smiled to myself, thanking my mother silently for helping me pick out this dress. When I told her that Chase and I had decided on a 1920's themed wedding, she wasn't exactly pleased. But she gladly picked out the perfect dress to fit the theme, and when she realized how happy I was with it, she got over herself. I took a deep breath as the last verse played and opened the door hesitantly.

"Are you ready?" My father asked as I exited my prep room. I took a deep breath and nodded. "You look so beautiful, Lane." He smiled. "Thank you," I blushed and looped my arm through his. Chase's song had finished and I could see him through the glass door, standing at the alter. I small smile played on my lips as two men opened the large doors and signaled for us to walk out. At the sound of the next song, everybody turned around. I focused my eyes on Chase, who was staring at me with admiration. The words to Wedding Song by Drew Jacobs flowed through the hall as everyone took me in.

Our flower girl, Rebecca, had run out of petals by the time my father had dropped me off at the alter and left a kiss on my forehead. Chase held my hand to steady me as I climbed up the stairs slowly, making sure not to lose my balance. "You look beautiful." He whispered into my ear before pulling away and smiling at me gently. "You look striking." I giggled as I looked him up and down, taking in his black suit and black bowtie, meant to resemble Jay Gatsby.

He grinned as the pastor began the ceremony. Neither of our smiles left our face throughout the whole wedding. Well, until he kissed me of course. "You may kiss the bride." The pastor said, sighing happily at the closure of another successful wedding. He leaned in and placed a hand on each of my cheeks, trapping me with his lips. I smiled and pulled away, grinning like an idiot. "Let's go celebrate." He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the church and into our limo.

"That was amazing!" I squealed. "I know! You're my wife now!" He laughed. "Lane Elliott. It has a nice ring to it." I smiled. He laughed and held up my hand, where he had slid the ring on my finger moments ago. "It does have a nice ring, doesn't it?" I rolled my eyes playfully, kissing his cheek. "It is beautiful, I must say. You did well, Clyde." He grinned and placed a kiss on my hand. "Well thank you, my lady."

-

We haven't watched that tape in so long. After washing a few dishes I decided that the rest of dishes could wait, so I joined my little family in the den. Nayeli was laying in Chase's lap, her eyes glued to the television. Jorge sat next to Chase, but jumped off the couch when he saw me walk in.

"Mommy!" He called and ran over, hugging my legs. I smiled and reached down, picking him up. "Hey buddy." I sat down next to Chase, sitting Jorge down on my lap. "Hey Mommy." Nayeli smiled. She was always the more quiet of the twins. "Hey angel." She brought her hand away from Chase's shirt and waved to me. I waved back, causing Chase to laugh at us. "So why do you guys want to watch this?" Nayeli's eyes lit up. "I want to see you and Daddy dancing!"

Chase laughed. "Mommy and I are pretty good dancers. Do you want me to skip to that part?" Jorge nodded, causing Nayeli to glare at him. "I'll watch the rest of it with you later, okay?" I said to her. She nodded and snuggled back up in Chase's chest. I pulled out my phone to snap a quick picture of them. "Mommy! Take a picture of us!" Jorge whined. I laughed and switched the camera so we could take a selfie. I put my phone down on the couch next to us and grabbed the remote, skipping to the first dance at the reception.

-

Chase tapped my shoulder lightly, causing me to turn around and look at him with a smile. "May I have this dance?" He asked, bowing and sticking his hand out. I smiled and stood up from my chair slowly, taking his hand. We walked onto the dance floor and Chase placed his hand on my waist gently, while I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Chase, this is so nerve-wracking!" I whispered in his ear. "Everyone is watching us. We should've tried harder when we took those dance lessons!" He laughed and pulled me closer to him, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

The music started and I took a deep breath, letting the music carry me away. The first part of our song was Stand By me by Prince Royce which I picked out. The second part of our song was Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco, which Chase chose. Chase danced around elegantly, pulling me with him. Everybody clapped around us as the music faded out. Chase pulled me in for a chaste kiss, smiling. "I'm so happy I get to call you my wife now." I smiled back. "This gets a huge weight off our back." I mumbled back, resting my head on his chest as we continued to danced in circles. "Now I'll never have to take a joke from Ryan about being single, ever again." He smiled happily to himself. I pulled away, looking at him strangely. "Yeah, that's the pressure I was talking about."

-

"Mommy?" Nayeli asked. "Yes, love?" She shifted in Chase's arms before responding. "It's called a first dance, right? So why did you dance to two songs?" I laughed, looking at Chase. He smirked and stuck his tongue out at me. "Mommy and Daddy couldn't pick one song, so we used two! But we combined them, so it's one song." She stared at me, still confused but simply shrugged it off, causing me to laugh.

"Hey, who wants ice cream?" Chase whispered, trying to make it so I didn't hear. "I do!" Jorge shouted and jumped up, jumping on my lap. "Okay! I think we get it!" I laughed and pulled him off of my lap so he would stop jumping on my legs. "Let's go!" Chase yelled, grabbing Nayeli in his arms and carrying her upstairs, making her giggle. "Will you carry me too?" Jorge pouted to Chase. He laughed and leaned down so Jorge could climb into his arms. I laughed as Chase struggled to fit through the door with a child on each hip. Man, I love my family.