wedding day [matt dibenedetto]

word count: 1162
requested by: Love4Losers28
summary: Katie is getting married to her fiancé Matt
warnings: cliché??
date published: August 17, 2017 / 4:14 pm

-

"Are you ready yet?" Kelley called to me. I let out a shriek before turning around and staring at her, my mouth gaping. "No! Who is ever ready to get married?" She smiled and laughed, shaking her head. "I know Matt is definitely ready." Am I suppose to be ready? What if we're not suppose to get married and I'll have to go out there and tell everyone to go home because I'm not ready.

Kelley lifted up my chin, offering me a small smile. "I know you're ready. You're just having pre-wedding jitters. It's normal. You guys have been waiting for this for so long!" I sighed and nodded my head, letting a small smile show. "You're right. This is normal. I can do this." She squeezed my hand, smiling. "That's it! You got this girl!"

The door to our room swung open and Katie peaked her head in. "Is everyone ready?" She asked, her eyes darting around the room. I exchanged a small glance with Kelley before turning to Katie and nodding. "Ready whenever he is." She laughed and came into the room all the way, being sure to not let anyone peak through the door to see me.

"Oh, you know he's never ready. Austin said he needed 5 more minutes but who knows how long that is in DiBenedetto time." I let out a laugh and turned to both of the girls, grabbing their hands. "Okay ladies. Being Matt's sisters and all, is there anything you need to let me know about him that you've waited until we're married to tell me so I don't leave him?" They exchanged a worried look. "Well," Kelley began. My breath hitched, hoping it wouldn't be something horrible, like a foot fetish.

"Oh my gosh, we're joking!" Katie laughed. I must've been showing a really worried expression. I slapped her arm quickly. "Katie! That is not a nice thing to do to your name twin!" She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. That's what name twins are for!" I just laughed, squeezing their hands. "Okay, but in all seriousness, if I fall on the way down, you guys better run over and help me up! Because I can barely stand with these shoes on, let alone get off the ground." They both laughed, nodding. "We got you." Kelley grinned.

I smiled and blew them kisses, not wanting to disturb my lipstick. "I better go yell at Matt and tell the boys to hurry up." Katie laughed and excited quickly, offering me a thumbs up before she shut the door behind her. Kelley and I were left in silence until Kelley started laughing. I gave her a questioning look and she shook her head, pointing to the door.

"Good thing Katie got married last month! Otherwise we'd have two Katie DiBenedetto's!" We both laughed, shaking our heads. "I guess we picked good wedding dates!" Kelley nodded before grabbing the tube of lipstick in the 'Evergreen Roses' shade and reapplying it to my lips. "Okay, don't let your lips sweat too much before you make it to the alter." She warned. "What?" I shrieked. "My lips sweat? Why have I never known that?" Kelley laughed and shook her head, looking at the ceiling. "Because your lips don't sweat!" "Oh," I mumbled quietly before slapping her. "How dare you take advantage of my messed up wedding day emotions!" I whined.

She laughed and sent me a warm smile. "You know I love you." I smiled back, returning the love. Katie flung the door open excitedly, obviously not able to contain her emotions. "It's time!" She cheered. I felt my heart drop as Kelley shoved me to the door.

"Go! Go Katie!" I waved my hands frantically and she shoved me out of the door. I quickly collected myself and grabbed onto my father's arm, walking down the aisle slowly. I ignored everyone's eyes on me as I slowly made my way down the aisle. When we reached the end I finally looked up to see Matt. He looked absolutely divine in his black tuxedo, with a black tie. His hair had a bit of gel in it, but he went for a more relaxed hair style.

I didn't even register what was happening as my father kissed my forehead and pushed me gently towards the alter stairs. I gulped and lifted up my dress as I climbed the stairs, one stair at a time. Matt's eye's burned into mine, releasing some of my tension. His eyes calmed me and he grabbed my hand, sending jolts of electricity through my fingers and up my arms.

"We're getting married." He whispered in disbelief. I nodded, biting my lip. I held in my laugh at the thought that I was silly enough to believe lip sweat was a thing. "I love you." I whispered. He mouthed it back as the pastor began reciting his lines.

We went through all of the required procedures and then recited our vows. Our little flower girl, one of my nieces, brought up the rings. We placed the rings on each other's fingers and then recited the rest of the lines. At last the pastor spoke the words that everybody wanted to hear. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Immediately Matt moved his hands to my neck and pulled me in for a heart stopping kiss. When he pulled away the cheers of the crowd were the last thing on my mind as I stared into his eyes. "Hey, Katie DiBenedetto." He grinned. I let out a giggle and nodded happily, kissing his nose. "Now I believe we have an appointment." He grinned. I raised an eyebrow, giving him a questioning look. "What are you talking about?" "Trust me." He whispered and bent down. He wrapped his arms around me, picking me up below the knees. He carried me in his arms and ran out of the building.

Outside sat a white horse drawn carriage waiting for us. Matt set me down gently and ran around to the other side, climbing in. The crowd ran out after us and I turned around to fling out my flowers as the horses took off. "Nice throw, Katie." He grinned and wrapped his arm around me. I nodded and laughed. "Thanks." I grinned. I didn't see who caught it, but I'm sure it'll be the talk of the town at the reception.

"So where exactly are we going?" I laughed and intertwined our fingers. "To our home." I gasped staring into his eyes. "We got the one I liked?" He nodded, unable to keep from smiling. "And with a little help from your mom it's fully furnished." My jaw dropped and I didn't know to express my excitement other than by kissing him, so that's what I did. "Maybe when we get there we can start working on those babies your mom talks about all the time." He smirked.