3. The First Day is Always Fun..Right?

| Edited |

Chapter Three

BRR BRRIINNGG!!!

"Huh?"

I lift my head from my position and I look around my room

BRR BRRIINNGG!!

I lay on my bed, on my stomach, I open my eyes in annoyance. I wake up from my blaring ringtone.

I grab my phone from my nightstand. My phone displays 5 messages.

From Alexander:

"Bring me one Chai Latte with 2 pumps of espresso, 3 pumps of lean goat milk and no whipped cream. Be here at 8 prompt I have a meeting soon."

"Uh, Where are you?"

"Umm..Cassandra?"

"I'm disappointed.."

From Elizabeth:

"Boss...is mad. Where are you?"

I cover my mouth as I read my messages.

I look up at my phone and it displays,

8:30 AM

I leap out of my bed fast and I run to my bathroom.

I come out of my bathroom running while I fixed my hair, grabbing my bangs into a light ponytail.

I look at myself in the mirror as I fixed the rest of my hair. My thick hair trailed down my shoulders as my thin bangs were pulled lightly in a ponytail.

I brush and fix everything perfectly but I remember that I'm late as hell too.

"Fuc-"

I roam around frantic and confused as I looked down at my outfit.

I wore a white blazer over a black sheer blouse. I paired everything with a nice pair of my best black slacks.

I continue to look around frantically as I fluff my hair and sweep it over to my left. I hop as I attempt to slide on my nicest pair of heels.

I finally finish everything and I grab my purse and coat as I run out my apartment door.

***

"What do you mean you don't have lean goat milk?"

"I'm sorry. We are out of goat's milk this morning." said the male barista

"This is for Alexander Caldwell, you know?" I beg

"I'm sorry."

"Alright..what's the closest thing you have to that?"

He shrugs his shoulders and then smiles.

"I have an idea."

He turns back and prepares a drink. After a moment, he comes back to me with a tall cup of a sizzling coffee drink.

"It'll taste the same?"

"Oh yeah." smiled the barista

I pay the barista with the company card and he gives me my receipt back.

"Thank you."

"No problem, Good Luck."

I cock my head on my right and fake smile.

I turn around to go out the door. I leave the gourmet coffee shop and I hail a cab outside.

A cab comes in front of me and I climb inside.