"You don't seem as rambunctious as the other kids on the Isle." Ben stated. "And from what I can see, you and Harry hit it off, which is a pretty dramatic change from the last time I saw you two together."

"You're perceptive - you'd make a good soldier." XJ said, walking closer to Ben so they could talk a little easier.

"Thank you," Ben said, smiling gently. "Continuing my perceptiveness, I thought Uma was in charge, and you don't look like a pirate."

"Uma and I work together for now. We don't usually cross paths, but now that Harry's successfully courted me, we'll be seeing each other more." XJ commented. She then narrowed her eyes at Ben, "I still can't see how you and Mal got together. It's...amazing, almost."

Ben's smile faded. "We're not together anymore."

"I thought so from the look on your face before we dragged you away." XJ paused and then sighed. "Mal's weak."

"What?" Ben frowned, confused.

"She should have broken the barrier," XJ scowled bitterly. "Then I wouldn't still be stuck here." She folded her arms across her chest.

Ben's eyes widened. "Oh, I...I'm sorry, the plan was to start with a couple of kids and then bring the rest back into Auradon...I didn't know that you would - "

XJ laughed harshly, "I'm not mad you didn't pick me. I'm mad that Mal didn't pull through. You know what would have happened if I had been part of the first batch?"

"No..."

"I would have ripped the crown right off of your head during your coronation and would have taken it for my own." XJ said boldly.

"Oh." Ben said, at a loss for words.

XJ shook her head. "The Isle isn't enough for me; it never has been. Just because you seem like a decent guy, here's a word of advice if you ever think about following through with your plan after this: Invite anyone but me."

"I think you can change." Ben argued.

XJ snorted, "You're looking at a girl who's determined to do what her father couldn't, to prove that she's better than the poor excuse for a general. Nothing you do is going to change my mind, believe me."

"I don't think that's true," Ben insisted, "You can change. I know that because you seemed like you could kill Harry without any regret the first time I met you, and now you're kissing him. You can change, like your relationship with Harry did."

"I never swore that I wouldn't fall in love, but I did swear that Auradon would be mine."

"You don't have to prove anything, you know. You're strong already on your own." Ben encouraged.

"Pandering won't change my mind," XJ said, putting her hands on her hips. She glanced over at Uma, who was throwing looks at herself and Ben. "I'm going to cut this short - Uma's getting impatient. I hope Harry doesn't have to hook you, you don't have your head stuck that far up your behind."

XJ turned around and climbed down the stairs and gestured to Uma that she could talk to Ben. Uma nodded and asked, "What did you say to him?"

"He tried to get me to change. I gave him a word of advice to never invite me to Auradon. He isn't as bad as I expected." XJ commented as Harry walked up behind her. He wrapped his hands around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Harry scowled. "You're not fond of him, are you?"

XJ rolled her eyes as Uma walked away to speak to Ben. "It was hard enough for me to say yes to you. Don't be stupid."