Hails Doesn't Listen

Start from the beginning

"I swear to god, I could kiss you 24 hours a day." Harry smiled as he pulled away to look at me. "It's my favorite thing."

"Me too." I said as I bit my bottom lip timidly.

As much as I loved it when he said things like that, I hated the way it made my stomach flutter. I felt like such a stupid teenager, but I couldn't help it. Besides the fact that he was one of the most amazing human beings I'd ever met, he was fucking gorgeous. He was by far the hottest guy I'd ever laid eyes on, and for whatever insane reason he seemed to find me attractive as well. I watched him for a minute, the moonlight shining on one half of his perfect face as I brushed his hair back off his forehead.

"You're kinda beautiful, you know that?" I said as I looked into his green eyes.

"I was gonna say the same thing to you." He smiled. "I like the way you look in the moonlight."

I leaned down and kissed him, softly pressing my lips to his for a few seconds before I pulled away to look at him again.

"I like being here with you." I smiled as he ran his fingers along the side of my cheek.

"I like being anywhere with you."

I smiled and kissed his cheek as I turned to look up at the stars. I slowly untangled myself from Harry and began to float next to him, staring at the sky as he did the same. We both just laid in the lake, floating next to each other as we took it all in. I was the most relaxed I could ever remember being, before I felt a large amount of cold water wash over me. I immediately heard Harry laughing as I turned to look at him, finding him grinning and very pleased with himself. I swam over to him and dunked his head under the water, but he just pulled me with him and I almost drowned because I was laughing so hard.

"You're gonna drown us both, genius." I laughed as we resurfaced and I wiped my eyes.

"If I'm going down, you're coming with me." He chuckled. "It's nice and warm in here now, I feel like it's gonna be freezing when we get out."

"Probably. I guess we should just stay in here then." I smiled.

We stayed in the lake for a while, splashing around and watching the stars, before we decided to get out and go home. Harry had been right, the second we were out of the water and into the night air we were freezing. He did his best to warm me up on the way to the car, wrapping me in his arms and trying to heat me up, but my teeth were chattering by the time we got into the car.

"I can't believe I'm putting on the heat in August." I said as I turned the dial all the way up.

"I can, turn that shit up. I'm freezing!" Harry said impatiently.

"It's on, keep your pants on. Jesus." I laughed as I pulled out of the beach area and headed home.

Harry comfortably rested his hand on my thigh as I drove, something he did a lot, and I slowly began to warm up.

"You know it's gonna be freezing again as soon as we get out of the car, right?" He chuckled.

"Yep." I said as I smiled over at him. "I am making a beeline for your shower. I need hot water."

"That sounds like a race to me." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"You can't beat me, you'll trip over your ridiculously long legs."

"Or my ridiculously long legs can take the stairs three at a time and get there way before you." He smiled.

I felt the anticipation building as we got further down the road approaching the house, both of us preparing to sprint inside and race to the shower. We were both still in our underwear, not bothering to put our clothes back on, and looking over at each other with a smirk. I had barely turned the car off before Harry bolted from the car and toward the front door, luckily getting caught up opening the door so I was able to catch up. The second he got the door open I sprinted past him and up the stairs, feeling him right behind me as I raced into his bedroom. I could feel him grabbing at me, but was able to squirm out of his grasp when I pushed him and he fell onto the bed.