Capitolo Nove.

Eliza Dushku as Antonia Bosworth

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Nove

"What does it mean by, one more?" I raised an eyebrow at Isaiah, who bit his lip while he was thinking. "Where did you even find this note at?" I sputtered, placing a hand on my hip. This was becoming too familiar to me and I had no idea how to feel about it. "Oh, we just found it one of the bodies of our men." A voice came from behind me and I met face to face with Mason, who had a shit eating grin on his face. I was beginning to think that that was the only face he knew how to make. "Wait, your men?" I wheeled around to face Isaiah with a look of confusion. "I thought it was only the 4 men that you have here, including you." I narrowed my eyes and he shook his head, a smirk on his face.

"Nah, mio caro." Isaiah folded his arms and I could feel my mouth watering at the sight of his muscles flexing back and forth unconsciously. I looked from my small arms to his, wondering why I wasn't built like him. I went through rigorous training to get into the military and we still do drills every week to keep up our shape but no matter what I did, I still looked like a tiny thirty nine-year-old with a baby face and curly hair. It made me feel a little self-conscious that a thirty-five-year-old man could put me to shame. 

"Ahem." I heard Mason cough next to me and I turned to see him staring at me, his eyebrows wiggling like he just caught me doing something I shouldn't have been doing. "I'm sure you were thinking of him and being in the bedroom but save that for later." He chuckled to himself, clearly enjoying my discomfort. "We have to save lives now." I rolled my eyes at him and that action didn't fly over Isaiah's head. "What was that all about?" He raised a perfect brow, his hazel eyes filled with amusement like he was preparing all types of punishments in his head. "Nothing, sir." I whispered and he nodded, pleased with the endearment I added but I knew he wasn't going to let this go.

"As you know, mio bello, I am the CEO of Carlton Inc, and there are more men than you think." Isaiah stared at me, a smirk taking over his feature. "I have over 2,000 people working for me and that doesn't stop there." He sighed and my eyes began to widen at just how much power this man had. "So how many people work for your mafia?" I questioned nonchalantly, unfazed by the seriousness of this situation. "1,500." He confirmed and I felt like someone had shot me in the stomach 54 times. "Well, that helps with this a lot," I muttered sarcastically. "Who was the person that was killed?" I got my mind ready to take mental notes and to store away potential clues.

"Elliot Caldwell."

My eyes widened at the familiarity of that name and I tilted my head up at Isaiah, who was looking at me with an expression of curiosity. "Who was the first to be killed by this anonymous murderer?" I wanted to make sure that there weren't any connections or anything that I missed.

"Ryan Merriman." 

I narrowed my eyes at the name as I wrote it down in my mental notebook. Something wasn't right here. "Who are all of the other names?" I had to know because something wasn't piecing together and I had to know.

"Cody McKinley."

"Sean Jacobs."

"Isabella Hartford." 

I brought my hand to my face, palming it as I put it all together. All of those names that I knew I had heard before, I was right. I knew those people because I worked with them every day. "How do you know these people, Isaiah?" I let his name roll off my tongue and his eyes darkened at the sound of it. I had no idea when I started to address him by his actual name but as far as I knew, he was okay with it. "These people work in the mafia under them." He motioned to Jesse, Sergey, and Mason. My eyes widened as another realization came through. "I know these people because they were next in line to become Lieutenant Generals. I used to see them every day." I squinted my eyes. "Maybe someone is trying to kill off the people who work both ways. Military by day, mafia by night." I confirmed my suspicions.