Chapter 21

We are back from Playlist Live and two things happened:

1) Carter broke up with me because he saw a bunch of pictures on Instagram of Anthony and I hugging and him kissing my cheek. But it isn't like that. We are like best friends, but Carter just didn't understand.

2) I got my period and let me tell you, it sucks. This is the first time I've gotten it and I hate it. I wish I could have waited until 13 or 14, but noooo I have to get it at 12.

My life is miserable right now. My boyfriend broke up with me and I'm on my period.....:/

And to top it off I have a huge essay due on Monday. It's Friday and I haven't started it yet.

It's about a memorable moment in your life and I don't know what to choose. I have so many.

I could pick when I was in the foster home because that was certainly memorable.

I could pick when I was adopted.

I could pick when I was lying on the cold bathroom floor at my old house.

I could pick when I went to Playlist Live.

There are so many options, I just don't know.

"Pssst. Molly." I heard someone from behind me say. I didn't even realize I was in Math.

I turned my head to face whoever called my name, but quickly turned it back when I realized it was Carter. Just seeing his face again made me want to cry. I might be being dramatic because I'm only 12, but I truly did love him, and he hurt me.

"Molly. I'm sorry, okay? I regret breaking up with you. Can we just go back to what it was like before?" He whispered to me.

I didn't turn to face him when I said, "No. I don't care about you anymore. You really hurt me." And I payed attention to the rest of class, ignoring Carter.

-

When I got home from school, I did my homework quickly and then realized that I haven't uploaded a YouTube video in a while so I decided to do a cover of "Ain't It Fun" by Paramore.

I started singing the lyrics while strumming along with my guitar.

"I don't mind letting you down easy

But just give it time

If it don't hurt now then just wait, just wait a while

You're not the big fish in the pond no more

You are what they're feeding on

So what are you gonna do when the world don't orbit around you?

Ain't it fun living in the real world

Ain't it good being all alone

Where you're from

You might be the one who's running things

Well, you can ring anybody's bell to get what you want

You see, it's easy to ignore a trouble

When you're living in a bubble

So what are you gonna do when the world don't orbit around you?

So what are you gonna do when nobody wants to fool with you?

Ain't it fun living in the real world