//Chapter 12\\

I still didn't say anything. The one that has a smart mouth, kicked people in the balls and punched people in the face. After that night, something changed in me.

————————————————————

Grayson held me tight against him as we walked toward the porch of the beat-down house. There wasn't stairs to walk up, so we had to take a huge step up (almost knee high).

We stopped as we're in front of the door to the house. Grayson doesn't knock, he just stands before the door as if he were trying to open the door with his presence.

Out the corner of my eye, I see a light turn green. It come from the frame of the door. It was a camera in the shape of a round- oval computer mouse and it was white. It had a carved-in line in the middle of the camera. Then in the middle of that line was a light that, now, turned green.

Soon I could hear locks being messed with behind the door. Then, the door nob started to jiggle. Next thing I know, a girl, who looks the same age as me, opens the door.

She had her hair tied up in a bun and mask under her chin.  She was wearing a spaghetti-strap shirt and shorts on. She almost looked like she was Korean. She kept her face low, never really making eye contact with Grayson.

Her eyes were somber, but pure as an angel. Her nose seemed to never grow as she aged. Her face didn't have any sharp edges; her skin looked as smooth as silk. Her lips seemed to only speak a soft pitch and words that would never offend you. She is the definition of innocence. As soon as she looked at me, her face filled with pity. She knew who I was supposed to be.

"Come in, Mr. Dolan." she said in the softest voice as she moved aside.

Grayson entered, dragging me with him, not saying anything the girl. I look back at her, she looks up at me. Its like she wanted to help me but she didn't know how to.

"I'm sorry." she mouths. I nod my head and tried to give her a face that meant that it was okay.

"Grayson!" Ethan shouts as he is sitting on white bricks- but not the ones you build houses with.

"Ethan!" Grayson quickly walks towards him. They hug as they reunite. They hugged for a while, I think Grayson forgot that he still had his grip on my arm.  His grip get lose, but I didn't even try to escape.

"Ethan," Grayson shoves Ethan off. "I thought something bad happened to you! What were we thinking going back to him!". Grayson's face turned red as he was lecturing Ethan. Ethan's face just dipped down.

"Grayson it was the only way to live without worrying they'll kill us." Ethan says.

"Ethan- that's what we signed up for when we decide to do this." Grayson says looking around him.

As I start to notice my surroundings, there is long tables of people working with white powder- cocaine. People were measuring, packing, or making the cocaine. Everyone was wearing the same type of clothes: tank tops, shorts, and a mask on their mouth. Everyone was minding their own business.

"I see you here princess." Ethan says deeply as he puckers my lips together with his hands. I snatch my face away from his hands.  

"Well no, I'm dead bitch." I say as a comeback. Ethan aggressively grabbed the back of my head with my hair in his hand. He brings my face close to his, feeling his breath on my face.

"I see you haven't changed." He says puffing on my face.

"Oh, so your not blind?" I say with attitude. His jaw flexes and anger rushes through his eyes. He lifts up his other hand and slaps me across my face. I fall to the floor from the impact.