Past Two Months

Nuka: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artwork/Artists/Hippo/Cubnuka2Kopie.p.jpg

Not a lot has happened since Mika and Mheetu died. Nala, Tama and Crystal are now young adults old enough to mate. As are Gereza, Lazy-eye and Impi. The new pride members don't get along will with Sarabi and her lionesses. They are also completely loyal to Zira and Scar.

Zira and Scar had their heir & named him Nuka. But he is not a strong cub like Simba and Mheetu had been. Nuka has his mother's red eyes and father's gangly build.

Beauty-spot also gave birth to three girls Spotty, Dotty and Daima. She had not realized she was pregnant until a week after she joined the pride with her own. Dotty and Nuka seem to have a love hate relationship. Daima, Dotty and Spotty all have a row of about six dots under one of their eyes.

Kamwe, Umeme and Ikhala are teens now, but hunt with the others. Digger is proud of how good her daughters are at hunting. Beauty-spot and her lionesses do not follow Sarabi's hunting rules. Which is why they are so successful in the dry season. While it makes it harder for Sarabi's hunting party to catch prey.

Crystal still hasn't received any training and feels useless to the pride. So she decided to go speak to Scar one day Zira wasn't present. "Scar I have a question" she states when she enters the den. She ignores Zazu in his little bone cage.

"Of course, how may I help the pride's jewel?" he asks.

"I feel so useless to the pride, not being able to hunt with them. Why won't you let me train?" she asks.

"You have a very important roll my dear Crystal" Scar assures her as he rubs his body against hers. "Yes you can't hunt, but you can still help raise the next generation" he states. Crystal looks at him confused.

"How so?" Crystal asks him.

"By baby sitting of course, we have four newborn cubs that need looking after here in the den. Do you think you can do that?" he asks her gently. Crystal thought it over she wouldn't have to fight from the safety of the den and she loves cubs.

"I think I can handle that" Crystal tells him smiling and Scar names her the babysitter. Crystal decides to go tell Tama about her new job. "Tama guess what" she cheers as she spots Tama alone near the outskirts.

"What is it Crystal" Tama asks her smiling.

"I just became the babysitter for all the cubs in the den" Crystal states.

"That's great, let's go celebrate" Tama suggests. "The others are hunting so we can tell them later. Besides I found this really call place" she explains as she leads Crystal. "It's got to be the most beautiful place in the pride lands. Rafiki showed it to me yesterday, it can be our special place. But we can tell Nala also" she states.

"Sounds magnificent" Crystal says smiling at her best friend's excitement. Tama continues to describe this place as they head to the gorge. As they round a corner Crystal was gob-smacked at the beauty before her. How is this place so green when everything else is dying.

"I told you it was beautiful" Tama says smugly.

"How do we not know about this place? Look there is even prey" Crystal says. Looking at the first Wildebeest she had seen in the last two months.

"We don't ate the prey here, this is a sanctuary for all life  which is why Scar, Zira and their followers can't know about it. Besides they are here to find mates" Tama explains. She leads Crystal to the stream where they have a drink not knowing they were being watched by two rogue lions.

But Rafiki is watching all four lions from above and smiles mischievously. It is about time the two girls found love. And he knew just how to bring them together also.

A/N

Picture above of Spotty (left) and Dotty (right). Picture of Daima on the external link imagine she has dots under her right eye like Dotty and had brown eyes not green.  Who are these rogue lions? You'll have to wait for the next chapter I'm afraid.