Teenage Life

Picture of Mheetu: http://orig00

Picture of Mheetu: http://orig00.deviantart.net/19d5/f/2011/265/9/2/tlk_mheetu_by_feralheartsfan-d49lgcw.png

Picture of Sarabi, Naanda, Diku and Dwala: http://img07.deviantart.net/a89a/i/2015/203/e/4/southern_sisters_profile_by_jeanzedlav-d92ba9v.jpg

Crystal's POV

A lot has happened in the last few months I met Nala's father Copper. Mum revealed she was pregnant and gave birth to Mheetu. Tama and I did become best friends. Zira is now queen and expecting her first cub. This makes mum worry for Mheetu's safety and told Nala & I to never let him out of our sights.

Right now Nala and I are taking Mheetu to meet Tama. Nala and her were going to try and hunt. I never learnt how to fight or hunt because of Scar's rule. But I am an amazing runner and am great at hiding. I am going to watch over Mheetu while Nala and Tama hunt.

The hyenas never hunt and the others do all the work. The dry season has just arrived and with only six lionesses (Sarabi, Sarafina, Mika, Naanda, Diku and Dwala) hunting it is difficult to find enough food for everyone. Zira had stopped hunting due to her pregnancy. Nala and Tama are not strong enough yet to take down full grown zebra or wildebeest. But they can take down antelope and young wildebeest or zebras. Today they were hunting antelope while I watch with Mheetu.

"Sissy, why aren't you helping?" Mheetu asks me.

"Because I was never allowed to train and would only be a burden to them during a hunt. Besides they are amazing hunters and can handle antelope" I assure him smiling. He then asks me why Zira was not hunting. "She is pregnant with the future king of our pride and does not want to risk his life hunting. It can be very dangerous hunting and requires a lot of energy" I explain.

Recently a pride of rogue lions had been spotted close to our border. But their king seemed to be sick when I saw them that one time. His queen was walking beside him. I told Scar and he is having the hyenas watch the pride just encase they get to close. So I've relaxed knowing we're safe from the outsiders.

"Look they caught one!" Mheetu cheers pulling me from my thoughts. I look over to see he is right and smile. We walk over to Nala and Tama & Mheetu has his first taste of meat. Usually we alert Scar and Zira that prey had been caught. But this is Mheetu's first meal and our first decent one since Scar took over. Besides no one was around, so where was the harm in enjoying this rare treat.

"This is great, no rules or responsibilities" Tama says contently.

"I thought you were all about rules" Nala teases and we all laugh. Mheetu went down to the stream for a drink. But was still in reach if something bad happened. "We should tell our mothers, before the hyenas smell the meat" Nala states.

"Great idea, I'll stay and keep an eye on Mheetu" I tell them.

"Are you sure?" Nala asks unsure.

"Yeah no offense Crystal, but you're a lousy fighter" Tama adds.

"Thanks for reminding me and you forget who the faster lioness in the pride is" I remind them. Eventually they agree and go get our mothers & Sarabi. Mheetu had returned and fallen asleep at my side. I curl up tightly around him and decide to rest also. But instead of a lit nap I fell into a deep restful sleep.

No one's POV

Mheetu wakes up to see his sister asleep curled around him. He carefully jumps out of her protective circle and notices a butterfly. Then starts to chase it not realizing the danger he was putting himself in. Nala and Tama return with their mothers along with Sarabi to see Crystal sleeping & no sign of Mheetu.

"You three go look for him Tama and I will wake Crystal" Sarabi tells Mika, Nala, and Sarafina. They agree and split up to search for Mheetu. While Tama starts to shake Crystal awake with Sarabi keeping watch. Mika soon finds Mheetu by the rogue three lionesses and goes to protect him. She starts to fight the three lionesses knowing she was out numbered.

"What what?" Crystal asks as she wakes up and sees Sarabi with Tama looking at her. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asks.

"Where's Mheetu?" Tama asks her.

"Right he..." she starts to say when she notices Mheetu no longer in her protective circle. "He was just here sleeping" she states. Suddenly they heard two mournful roars on the air. They run towards it to see Nala and Sarafina crying over two dead bodies.

"No!!!" Tama screams seeing her dead mother and starts to sob. Soon Naanda, Diku and Dwala arrive after hearing their sisters cries of distress. They all mourn the death of Mika and Mheetu. Meanwhile at pride rock Scar and Zira were accepting the rogue lionesses into the pride after the death of their king.

"Good job girls, now my son's throne is safe" Zira tells them smiling at the three covered in blood. "You are all welcome here, as are you cubs the ones you are expecting Beauty-spot" she states.

"Thank you Zira, we are indebted to you and Scar" Beauty -spot says smiling. Her pride contained four adults not including herself. Three teens and three cubs all are girls. The three teens Gereza, Lazy-eye and Impi had been adopted before her mate's death. Digger and her three two month old daughters Kamwe, Umeme & Ikhala. Majira, Scruffy and Mila had killed the two month old male cub threatening Zira's future son & the lioness trying to protect him.

When Sarabi returns with her girls she is shocked by the new arrivals. But Scar assured her they'd be a great help and are successful hunters. Tama just went to the den with Nala and Crystal. They were all to upset to care about the new arrivals and go to bed early. Sleeping together in a tight circle like they did as cubs.

A/N

Picture above of Tama now and picture on the external link of teenage Nala. Picture of Crystal in the chapter.