Shade and Sun Rocks

Crystal's POV

Crystal's POV

I woke up this morning beside Nala and Mama like every morning. But I notice King Mufasa and Simba gone. While Queen Sarabi was by the entrance alone and walked through the sleeping lionesses carefully. Before making my way over to Sarabi who was smiling. "Where's prince Simba and King Mufasa?" I ask her gently.

"No need for such formalities my dear, you're family after all" she tells me chuckling. "Mufasa has taken Simba out to show him the pride lands" she states. I look at her confused Mufasa hadn't done this before with Simba alone. He had taken all of us cubs once or twice, but not one of us alone. But I guess it's different with Simba being his son and heir.

"Weren't we having baths today?" I ask her.

"We still are, the others will wake soon" she tells me. "Go back little jewel or you'll worry the others if they wake up to you gone" she reminds me. I remember the day I woke up early and went down to the waterhole alone. Everyone went frantic looking for eventually Zazu found me and told Mufasa. Who appeared and carried me back to the den where I was smothered in kisses & hugs from the whole pride (excluding Scar and Zira). 

When I had asked mum why they were so worried. She explained how it was because I was the youngest in the pride and their 'jewel'. She told me never to wonder off again without telling anyone where I was heading. Before grounding me for the rest of the week and I wasn't aloud to explore at all. Except when she took me hunting with the other lionesses and two cubs (Nala and Simba).

Sarabi leads me back into the den as the others wake. Mother walks over to me with Nala and nudges me gently making me purr. Nala and I then wrestle a little before mum called us. We made our way through the legs of the lionesses and the smile happily at us. When we reached mum she and Sarabi lead us to the shade & sun rocks. That's where we usually go for bath and relaxation time.

Nala started to play with a butterfly while mum groomed me first. Sarabi was on a rock platform in front of us having a nap. While other lionesses were around us doing the same, grooming each other or keeping watch. Mother soon finished with me and it was Nala's turn. I decided to have a nap also and go to Sarabi's side. Where I curled up against her closing my eyes, but before I did I saw her smile gently.

"Hey Nala" the sound of Simba's voice woke me up. I yawn stretching and I see him whispering something to Nala. But she told him she was kind of in the middle of a bath.

"And it's time for yours" Sarabi states waking up and picks Simba up. Placing him in front of her before she began to groom him. Making me laugh while Nala went back to enjoying her bath.

"Mum you're messing up my mane" Simba whines and Sarabi stops. He jumps down from the ledge with me and fixes his mane. "Ok I'm clean, can we go now?" he asks.

"Where are we going?" I ask him confused.

"Yeah, it better not be any place dumb" Nala states.

"No it's really cool" Simba assures her and Sarabi asked him where this cool place was. "oh around the waterhole" he tells her.

"What's so great about the water hole?" Nala and I ask in unison.

"I'll show you when we get there" Simba tells us through clutched teeth.

"Oh, mum can we go with Simba?" Nala and I ask her.

"Hm I don't know, what do you think Sarabi?" she asks the queen.

"Well" Sarabi says looking at all three of us.

"Please" we plead giving her our cub eyes.

"It's alright with me" she declares and we cheer as we bounce away. "As long as Zazu goes with you" she tells us. We groan as Simba says 'not Zazu' and went for him. When Zazu arrives we say goodbye to our mothers before following him to the water hole. While Nala and I ask Simba where we were really going.

A/N

Picture above of Sarafina, Nala, Simba and Sarabi.