Looking For Trouble

Two weeks after Siri patched Rose up, Rose was up and working within a week. Even though she was given the lighter tasks to work on, Siri knew Rose would fight her tooth and nail to start working for her again, so Siri gave her tasks that wouldn't hurt her back or make her tired. She had received an invitation to attend the Tenth Prince's Birthday Party. Although she threw the invitation back down on the table after she read it, it was Nurse Nancy who told her of Prince Ryu and Concubine Nina's past friendship.

Siri's eyes lit up in amusement. If she was correct Concubine Nina was the woman who kept on staring at her and Ryu at the Crown Prince's engagement party. Feeling like her life had become monotonous, she picked up the invitation up again and looked it over.

"Send word to my husband that his wife would like to talk to him." She said as she hid her smile. "If he asks what it about, let him know about the invitation."

After Nurse Nancy left, it was only then she broke into a wide smile. It was time for her to have some fun, even if it was at the expense of her husband. It would bring her great joy to see him in uncomfortable situations.

Siri didn't have to wait long as she heard the commotion from her courtyard gates open and Prince Ryu's presence was announced. Siri looked at Rose to brew fresh tea as she waited for her husband to come to her.

Ryu wore all black clothing making him seem more menacing. However she couldn't help the fact that her mischievous side crept up on to her and made her bold.

"Nurse Nancy said you would like to speak to me?" Ryu said as Petra stopped him next to Siri. They faced each other as Rose poured two tea cups and handed both over to Siri. Siri drank from one before handing over the half empty cup of tea over to Ryu to drink. Her odd behavior surprised everyone present in the room, except the two people who was involved in the actions. Ryu took the half empty cup and drank it down without even thinking twice about what Siri just did. He handed the empty cup back to Rose to be refilled, and when she refilled it, Ryu gave the tea cup back to Siri. Siri drank only half the tea again and when she placed it down, he drank the rest of the tea.

Their unusual behavior made their people scratch their heads, because Prince Ryu was someone who hated germs. But to drink the left overs of their new Princess, must mean that he must not mind her germs.

"I received this invitation." Siri said as she handed it over to him. "I think we should attend."

Ryu opened the invitation and quickly read over it without a care.

"Leave us." Ryu ordered everyone out.

Once alone he raises his eye brow to question her intentions. "Why?"

"It'll give us an opportunity to raise your reputation as a loving and caring husband while gathering support from the ministers and generals you want. The more you show your face to them, the more it reminds them of your greatness. It also will give us an opportunity to try and find out who is trying to poison you. If we find out who it is, we can find the petal to the Moonlight Silence." Siri said as she drank the top half of the tea before pushing it off to him to drink. "So we can cure you sooner rather than later. I'm still on a three month trial here. I still need to prove to you of my usefulness. This is me trying to fulfill my side of the agreement."

Ryu could feel something wasn't right with Siri, but all of her explanations were reasonable.

"Very well, let them know we will attend." Ryu told her after he finished the rest of the tea before him. "Don't let this Prince down."

The smile that wanted to show through was cut short as she nodded her head up and down. "This Princess will not do anything to make Prince Husband lose any face."

"I'll pick you up on that day, make sure you are ready." He challenged her.

"I'm always ready." Siri said as she poured herself another cup of tea. But instead of saving half of it for Ryu, she drank it all down herself which caused his right eye brow to twitch and his lips to frown.

Did he want the rest of her tea? Siri wondered as Ryu ordered Petra to come get him so they could leave her courtyard. Smiling to herself that she was able to annoy her Prince Husband, she drank the rest of the tea with relish and satisfaction.