Chapter 3

"Oh my God!" One of the guards yell.

"Run for your lives!" Another one yells.

In a matter of seconds Theo and all the guards begin to run and the thing flies towards them at a unbelievable speed. As it flies it continues it's screeches. Everyone's hearts are racing just as fast as their legs as they go as fast as possibly while having to cover their ears to prevent them from being damaged.

"Oh god oh god! We are all going to die." One of them shouts. Everyone can see that he is losing his breath. "Chuck!" He yells to the main guard. "If I don't make it tell- AHHH NO PLEASE!" He was cut off as the thing grabs him with it's razor sharp feet and it flies off with the screaming man.

"No!" Chuck yells as he stops to catch his breath. "What in the hell is that thing?"

"It's... It's the Mothman." Theo says between breaths. He's done enough research to know the creature is the very one he came to prove was real.

"What?! I thought that was just a legend made to keep kids inside at night."

"Well that sure as hell was real. We need to get out of here before he comes back." Theo tells him.

"No we can't leave without getting Luie back." Chuck replies. Although he is scared out of his mind there's no way he would leave his friend and coworker behind to be eaten.

"Look I understand you don't want to leave but if you stay Mothman will kill you next. I hate to say it but now is no time to be a hero. We need to go while we still can." Theo tries to convince him as he takes a quick glance at his watch... How long would it take Mothman to eat a man?

"Sorry boss." One of the lower guards chimes in. "I agree with this guy. Luie is dead by now."

SCREEEECH!

Everyones eyes widen with fear as the screeching sound is once again heard in the mist dark night.

One guard takes off not waiting for anyone else.

"Wait!" Theo shouts. "We need to stick together!" It was no use the guard kept going.

The rest then take off in the same direction. If the can make it to Theo's car everything would be ok.

THUMP!

The large hairy being lands right in front of Theo with such force it sent him tumbling backwards. It's evil eyes gleam red as it takes a step towards him. Theo looks to his side and sees a gravestone. "Sorry Ben Dover" he says as he takes the deceased man's stone and chucks it at Mothman's head.

It his the supernatural being in the forehead and causes it to scream. Anger rushes through it's eyes as it's tilts it's head and darts off into the dark sky once again.

Chuck comes running back and leans Theo a head up out of the dirt. Then they take off together hoping to make it out of the grave yard. Running was not easy having to dodge all of the tombstones and headstones. Luckily Chuck knows the way out.

"Thank God there's the exit!" Chuck shouts as he points to the back gate Theo had came in from. Relief washes over them, but that relief soon turns into dread as the beast lands in front of the gate blocking the exit.

"Oh no... What now?" Theo asks Chuck.

"I'll hold him off." Chuck replies as he grabs a shovel sticking out of a nearby grave.

"What! No that's insane! It will kill you."

"I know, but you escape and tell everyone that Mothman is really real and he's out for blood." With that he holds the shovel firmly and runs towards Mothman. "Come at me you smell, ugly moth freak!"

He runs at full speed and stabs Mothman in the stomach with the shovel. Ooy green blood like substance seeps from the wound. It swings it's arms in defence and knocks Chuck out cold onto the ground.

It grabs the end off the shovel and slowly pulls it out of it's body it's now staind in his green blood. In no time is sees Theo and darts for him. Before even registering the he needed to run he was already being held by his throat 3 feet above the ground.

This is it Theo thought to himself. This is how he will go out. Killed by the very being no one even knows is real.

BEEP BEEP! The sound of a car horn is heard in the distance. Headlights light up the whole area as a car comes crashing through the back gate. Mothman had no time to move before the car hits him at 60 miles per hour. Luckily it drop Theo and he landed safely out of the way of the car.

Theo stands up and brushes himself off as he walks towards Mothman's body. A man steps out from the car and runs to him. "Oh my! Are you alright Theo?" Charles asks him.

"Yeah thanks for coming."

"No problem. Something didn't feel right and thank god I came and now youre safe."

"Look." Theo says pointing at the body of Mothman. "You killed it."

"Well what do you know. It's not every day I get to kill a creature that I fear from my childhood. What's next? The boogie man?"

Theo laughs. This is it. They did it. Not only have they got proof that Mothman is really, but they have killed it as well. "We need to take the body somewhere. Like to the police." Theo tell Charles.

Charles agrees, mostly because he doesn't know what to do with the body of a monster. They pick it up together and put it in the trunk. Then make sure it's locked just to be sure.

"Help me get Chuck. He's a guard here." Together they put the unconscious man into the back seat. Then buckle him up and buckle themselves up.

Whew... Theo thought to himself. What a wild night...

...

But tonight was nothing compared to what's in store....

Comment please! Thanks for reading!!!