Chapter 3: Reuniting

It was the morning and Ash, Andrew and Clemont were heading to Santalune Forest with Serena and Bonnie. The two begged them to tag along while Clembot stayed back at Prism Tower since he needs to take care of it. When they finally arrived at the base, the girls were amazed at how well hidden it was. Andrew went inside and started using the main computer to find out where the other knights were. After finding the two locations, Clemont activated that Mega Transporter and the five were sent to a huge desert.

"How are we going to look for them in this state?" Bonnie asked.

"Here's why" Clemont answered pulling a black object out of his pocket.

Ash and Andrew also had the same object only Ash's was red while Andrew's was blue. The three threw it and a motorcycle that represents their legendary Pokémon appeared. Bonnie and Serena were amazed at that and the knights hopped onto their respective motorcycles. Bonnie rode with Clemont while Serena rode with Ash. As they were scouting out for two of the Knights, a giant sand worm came shooting out of the ground and whipped up a sandstorm. The three stopped and went into battle.

"I hope Ash will be okay" Serena hoped.

"I'm sure he will, he never gives up" Bonnie informed.

The three Knights were battling the giant sand worm for almost four hours and not much progress had been made. As soon as Ash jumped up, he did a Flare Kick only for the worm to notice and ended up sending him into its mouth. Serena freaked out when that happened only to realise the Ash pierced through the worm's tail mid-section. After the sand worm was defeated, it dropped a small cocoon which opened to reveal Jack covered in a liquid.

"Jack, you're alive" Clemont exclaimed.

"Where's Drake?" Andrew asked.

"I lost him when we were looking around" Jack answered, "I'm not sure where he went"

"Well, we'll just have to look for him" Ash said ending the conversation.

They drove around for a while looking for Drake however they lost Andrew in the sandstorm. When they were looking around, they found Drake lying unconscious near a bunch of weird creatures. Ash, Clemont and Jack fought them off and they were pretty easy to beat until a very big one appeared. This one was a lot stronger and they were struggling a lot. Clemont did a Teravolt Fist while Jack did a Jet Stream but it barely had any effect. The three knights were getting weaker by the second and Serena was very worried for Ash. Just then, a blue projectile was sent towards the bigger minion and everyone turned to see Andrew.

"Andrew, you're here" Ash exclaimed.

"Yes, and I've got an upgrade" Andrew told everyone.

Everyone was confused as to what he meant until he pulled out a blue add on for his gauntlet. He placed it on top of his left hand and it glowed. Its shape changed to create a shield-like contraption with a sword hilt at the end. The hilt shot out to reveal a sword that grew in size and Andrew grabbed it. A blue aura then surrounded Time Knight and his form has changed which made him look more powerful. Andrew swung his sword and the big minion was defeated which led him to revert back to normal.

"What was that?" Drake asked.

"It's known as a Survive Mode power up" Andrew answered, "When we got separated, I found a temple that had this contraption in it"

"Is it only for you?" Jack questioned.

"Yes, but there are six more for the other knights" Andrew replied.

"All right, I can't wait to get one" Ash exclaimed.

Everyone then left the desert and went to where John and Barry were. They were transported to a jungle where they found a temple. When they went inside, they found John and Barry tied up to the ceiling and a lot of Dread's minions. These minions were a lot tougher and Andrew had to go into Survive Mode. When Ash was hit back, he found a Survive Mode power up that was white. Before he could pick it up, a few minions pinned him to a wall but thanks to his powers, Ash sent his swords towards them slicing them up. He grabbed the power up and it turned into a Reshiram head like item. Flames enveloped him changing him into Survive Mode and a horn on the head contraption stuck out turning it into a flaming sword. This helped them defeat the minions and save Barry and John.

"What was that that Ash and Andrew did?" John questioned.

"They obtained their Survive Mode power up" Clemont answered.

"Now that everyone is here, let's get back to base" Andrew suggested.

"Ok" Everyone agreed.

Santalune Forest

In the base, Andrew spent a lot of time locating the other Survive Mode power ups and was able to find the locations. When John came back from shopping, Max was with him which caught everyone by surprise.

"Hello" Max greeted.

"Why hello there" Ash replied in the English accent.

"Why is there a guest at our place?" Clemont asked in the Irish accent.

"I didn't think that we would get visitors" Barry said in the Scottish accent.

"Guys, don't worry, he's fine" John exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Bonnie questioned.

"Let me explain, I only betrayed Ash because I was forced to by May" Max explained, "My dad didn't like it so he sent me to look for you since I didn't want to betray you" Max added, "Also, your disguises are pretty good, I couldn't actually tell you guys are you"

"Oh, that's a relief" Ash said turning of his radio.

"Also, Dawn regrets betraying you as well" Max added, "She told me that she never wanted to lose her best friend and wanted to send that message"

"If we meet her again, he can always forgive her" Clemont exclaimed.

"Oh, and she said she misses you and that she loves you" Max told Barry.

"Really, I never knew that" Barry said. Everyone then went back to doing what they were doing. To be continued.