Chapter 26

*Kami POV*

I finally wake up after a very needed 9 hours of sleep. I don't know why but I have been really tired lately. I stretch my arms up and then yawn. I finally slip out of bed not realizing Crow isn't there any more. I walk over to the closet and slip on a pair of yoga pants. I look through my shirts. I look through every one trying to find the one I want. I then find the one I want. It read "Fear the Feathers" next to it there was the Indian head logo. On the back it had my number which is 3 and the name "Barger".

I make my way to the kitchen hoping to find Corey. But I don't. I really don't worry about him because I trust him.

I look over at the clock it says '8:45'. I then realize we have practice at 9:30 because we play the Panthers tomorrow in Florida. I make my way to the closet were Corey and I's gear is. I slide my really old skates in my bag. I go by the washing machine and grab Corey and I's jerseys. I walk back over by the closet. I put Corey's pads,glove,blocker,jersey and skates in the bag. I put my jersey in my bag also.

I am really hungry so I walk over to the fridge and grab a kiwi and a snapple. I then walk over by the couch and turn the TV on. The first thing that comes on is "Emilie Wolf has just been drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers the first ever girl on the Flyers in history! So since Emilie is playing she is now the 6th girl hockey player. The six girls are Emile Wolf, Kami Barger, Nicole Burns, Natalie Rimer, Katie Leblanc and Lauren Macchi"

Oh my gosh I'm so happy for Emilie! That may not of been the team she was hoping for but that's better then no team at all. I shut off the TV and then I hear the door knob turn. Corey comes in. He's got something in a wrapped box. I look over the couch at the door. He slips off his Nike shoes. He walks over by the couch with the box in his hand and sits right next to me.

"For you" he says handing me the box smiling.

I grab the box and slowly unwrap it. I slightly see what it is from what I ripped so far. But I act like I don't and continue ripping the paper. I then completely ripped off all the paper. I instantly wrap my arms around Corey. "Oh my gosh Corey thank you so much. I think you read my mind because I was just thinking I needed to buy new skates. These were the ones I wanted to!" After I say that I give him a kiss on the lips. The skates he got me were Bauer Vapor APX2. Those are like the nicest skates.

"Hey Kami, we better get going" Corey says picking up both our bags and signaling me to open the door for him. I follow him out to his car. I open the trunk for him and slam it shut. Then we get in the car to drive to the UC. The car ride is silent that usually never happens with Corey and I we talk so much.

*Laura POV*
I walk around the streets of Pittsburgh once again. It's nothing like Chicago but it will have to do for now. I walk past the store Pink and go back to go in it. I look around at all the clothes. I find nothing I want which usually doesn't happen. I then get stopped by my phone vibrating. I instantly walk out of the store. I slide my phone out of my pocket and it says 'Marc Fleury'. I answer "Hey Laura" he says.

"Hi" I reply with a smile on my face.

"So I was wondering if maybe you wanted to be an ice girl?" he asks stuttering.

"Uh sure and why?" I ask.

"Well I mean so I have an excuse to see you. Also were short a girl" he says.

"So should I come to the Consol Energy Center now to find more info?" I ask.

"Yea this girl named Katie who is my cousin will help you" he tells me.

"Ok I will go there now bye" I say and hang up the phone. I continue to walk down the busy road. Walking faster than normal. In what seems like forever I finally get there. I go through the main entrance and see who I assume is Katie and walk towards her. She is this gorgeous blonde with bright blue eyes and wavy hair.

"Hi are you Laura? Fleury suggested you" she tells me.

"Yes I am" I tell her and flashing a smile.

"Ok come this way. I have a uniform for you and a pair of skates" Katie says. I'm not really sure how they know my size I guess they just guessed. I follow her to what looks like the ice girls locker room. I look around and see girls in the uniforms. Everyone finally doesn't look like sluts. She points to mine. I make my way to the bathroom and change. It fits me. The uniform is a short sleeve t-shirt with the penguins logo. Also there is a skirt with the Penguin colors as a rim at the bottom. The socks have the same rim at the top of the sock. I put my skates on and walk back into the locker room. I felt kinda uncomfortable because they were all staring at me except for one. I walk over by her ignoring everyone else. I then say "hey" she turns around and smiles at me and says quietly "I think your the first one of the girls in here to actually talk to me. Everyone hates how I'm dating Beau" she says. "Also my name is Ally" she adds on. 

"Im Laura" I reply back. "Want to go skate?" I ask. She nods her head and we both go out of the locker room. We step on the fresh smooth ice. I step on the ice. I start to skate. I go around the rink a couple of times as the Penguins are skating. I am soon by myself as Ally skates over by Beau. I feel awkward skating here by myself. I look over my shoulder and Crosby starts skating over by me. I start to get red in the face and get nervous. "Your Laura right?' he asks smiling. "Uh ya... Y?" 

"Well fleury has been talking about you a lot and he wants to ask you something" He says.

Crosby then skates away and fleury starts skating over. I then slip and fall. My face turns blood red. Fleury skates faster "Babe you ok?" he asks. I am confused of why he is calling me babe but I like it. "Ya i am fine"

"Uh hey Laura we should maybe go on a date some time" he says stuttering.

"Uh....."