Ch. 36 - Angels and Demons

Start from the beginning

"I'm surprised you even care, Rowland. I don't remember you, lycan's, ever trying to help the vampire race. The ancient demigod, Mirren, created your kind specifically to kill them off." Ararius' icy words stab not only the Lycan's but everyone in the room. He, clearly, did not have to go that far. Everyone knows that Mirren had a part in creating half of the Underworld and she confided in the God's to get us where we are now. Clearly, there is something not being said that is causing conflict between them - something personal.

"For goodness sake, Acarius, it's the twenty-first century. You need to pull your head out of your ass," Rowland barks. A fury of snickers and laugh induced coughs erupts and Acarius turns a bright red. "We all have our own battles to fight, but we won't get anything accomplished with this useless debate."

For some reason, this lightened the tension and made the meeting a little more bearable.

A clear chime of a voice breaks the awkward silence that followed Rowland's words. "I agree with, Rowland, times have changed and as a unified dimension, we need to act together to clear this. Besides the eternal conflict between demons and angels, this has been longest rivalry between two different parties," the faerie queen says brings up in agreement.

Rowena, the faerie Queen is youthful, but she's been around for a while. Her lavender hair matches her eyes of the same color and if you look closely, you can see the subtle glitter all over her face, clothes and hair. I smirk to myself at the amount of pixie dust they actually bathe themselves in. I've never been inside Aurelia but I hear their streets are actually paved with all kinds of substances that shimmer.

Her son, Kilian, who is heir to her throne, looks as if he's not physically here. He runs a hand through his midnight blue hair and leans back on his chair as an indication that he has no interest in being here.

"And if you ask me, Datura has affected all of the Kingdoms and has made her mark. Within the last week, a third of our graves have been upturned and no longer house their sleeping owners, which means Datura has raised at least a thousand dark fae's in Acacia," she may seem like a millennial in her early twenties, but her voice is strong and her wisdom is bursting through the roof.

My mouth drops from the information that passed through her lips and everyone else's eyes widens. What is happening to the Underworld and why isn't anyone doing anything about it.

"And you tell me this now?" Acarius responds sharply. "We might as well all head to Inferus while we're at it!"

With the last word Rathmoor gives an evil laugh and crosses his arms, his muscles flexing as he leans back. Rathmoor may be a demon spawn, but he has devilishly handsome features that make you question everything about hell. Everything about him is dark - his hair, his eyes, the black tattoos that teasingly peek from out of his shirt and his leather clothing. "You wouldn't last an hour, old man," he taunts in a deep, gritty voice. Again, I hear a few chuckles circulate the room.

Valentine's cold hand darts over to my trembling thigh, rubbing it gently with his large hands. I give Valentine a fierce look but he only squeezes my thigh harder, I bite back an involuntary and surprising moan and swat his hand away. Did he really have to do that? Now and here of all places?

"With all due respect, your highness," Sebastian, this time, replies to Acarius. "You didn't exactly inform us that the barriers between the Kingdoms could be broken either or the fact that there have been kidnappings and murders in Atlantis. You were supposed to make sure that all walls were impenetrable."

For whatever reason, it seems as if it's all of us against the witch king and he does not like it one bit. Numidia may have the highest crime rate and the largest underground community, but it's the witches and warlocks that are capable of harboring vital information for the good of others. You can definitely say that they are a selfish breed.