Chapter 9

MissCris: I'm SO sorry for the wait!

Pic: Kevin Costner as Bejamin Allen

~Jonah's POV~

My head bangs against the locker and I feel everything spin out of control! The halls are loud, everybody seems to ignore the commotion happening right in front of their eyes. Then again it is just me, nobody ever pays attention when it's me, but nobody's ever laid a hand on me until now in school either.

I glare up at Marcus and his band of goons. He thinks he's so smart knocking me around like I'm a puppet, I know the only reason he's doing it is because Sam's not in school today. Gritting my teeth against the sharp pain, where my head connected with the locker, I straighten up. So much for keeping things quiet at school.

It's Monday, my first day back at school since the whole dressing room incident. Sam and I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon together before he had to go back home, something about a promise he made to his mom about being home early. We also spent all of Sunday together, just watching TV and talking, that's when he told me he wasn't going to be in school today, he said he had something important to do. And because of his absence is why I'm in this mess right now.

Marcus seems to think that now he's at liberty to assault me. I know he wouldn't dare touch me if Sam were here, then he would just verbally bully me. But, today, today Sam's not here.

"Where is he Weasel?" Marcus spits in my face.

I pull back and continue to glare at him, "What the hell are you talking about?" I demand, "Am I supposed to keep track of your little friends now?"

Marcus seethes before moving forward and pinning me up against the locker, making my head hit it again. The pain almost blocks out the next words Marcus says but not quite, "I know you know where he is, and when I find a way to prove what's going on between you two, you're the one that's gonna get hell."

"You go to hell." I spit back at him, pushing him back and making him stumble, more from shock than actual force. I move around him and his stunned group of idiots and begin to walk away when I hear Marcus utter a curse.

"You stupid little son of a bitch."

There's no time to react before a hand tangles in my hair and pulls me back with enough force pull some of my hair out. I cringe and writhe in Marcus' inhumane grip, he seriously does steroids or something. Groaning, I stop struggling since it only intensifies the pain and side glare at the boy tormenting me.

"Marcus! Let him go." my eyes snap behind the boy holding me in a death trap and for a second I think Sam's come to school after all but then Marcus shifts and the person comes into focus and I realise it's not Sam. The man glaring daggers at Marcus is my one salvation, my ally, Mr. Benjamin Allen, Sam's uncle.

The grip on my scalp instantly loosens causing me to fall to my knees from lack of support. I lift my head in time to see Mr. Allen walk up to Marcus.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"N-nothing sir." Marcus replies in an innocent tone.

"Don't patronize me. You might be my nephew's best friend but that does not mean I'm going to cut you any slack. Detention. For a month. With me. If you don't show up, Mr. Plemmons, in a month, when you're teammates are out on the field playing their final game of the season, the final game of their High School careers, you'll be sitting on the sideline, do you understand me?"

Marcus' eyes flash something that seems like fear before he slowly nods his head, "Yes, sir."

"Good, now get to class." he commands looking at the rest of the football team as he does. They each begin milling away one by one until Marcus is the only one left. He stares at Mr. Allen for a minute before glancing at me, I still haven't gotten off the floor, then he begins to walk away too, "Oh, and Marcus, don't get anywhere near Ricardi, the same fate goes for that as well."