chapter twenty-eight

Callidoras POV
"no....please" I beg again as Eva coughs out blood.

Dante takes out the shiny blade which is now covered in blood and gives it to one of the guards holding Eva letting her fall to the floor.  

Immediately she got to the floor,  a pool of blood formed around her.

The guards let me go immediately and I knelt down beside Eva holding her head up.

"Eva... Please... Don't die on me...no, don't die at all" I pleaded Eva who fluttered her eyes open and close.

"you stupid girl, I won't die, I'm strong " she says giving me a small smile exposing her red teeth and more blood came out.

"hold on,  just for a little while.  Don't fall asleep.  I'll beg him to heal you" I say again tears pouring down my face.

"it doesn't hurt much, don't you worry" she coughs clutching where she was stabbed tightly.

"Eva... What do I do" I cry loudly now.  Maybe I'll have another trauma again.  My best friend is dieing and there is no help coming.

I looked over at Dante with bloodshot eyes.  His guards were no longer around him and he was taking wine on his own.  He raised his cup towards me and mouthed "cheers".

I look back at Eva.  The pool of blood was getting bigger and bigger and She let's out small wheezing sounds.

"Eva, don't... Sleep " I say lightly tapping her face. My sobs were high and throaty now.

"don't cry, I'm scared but I'm okay. Don't cry... Sometimes I doubt your love for me. But don't you marry that guy... He's a jerk " I hold her bloody hands which she had placed on my cheek.  She gave me a small smile while her bloody hands pull down away from mine and hit the floor with a thud.

She was dead!

"Eva...eva.. Please " I shout my voice getting husky.  My best friend is dead.  I can't take this.

Her face is still pretty just that she was a little pale.  Her mascara is smeared making her look even more dead.

Just as I was about to kill Dante myself, three people dressed in hoodies flew in through the walls.

They stood side by side taking their hoodie off one by one.  They were my friends. 

They all divert their eyes to me and Clemente rushes to me examining Eva but shakes his head. "I'll be back, look away from us. OK? " he asks and I nod my head even if I wasn't going to look away.

"oh well,  I have guests" Dante's deep voice came from  inside.

He stood far away from them examining them carefully.

"you killed my friend....no one messes with my friends " Clemente roars as two long teeth flash from his teeth and he flies towards Dante as he did the same. Clemente threw Dante on the wall which crumbled down and Dante retaliated by dashing towards Clemente and pushing him to the floor dashing him several blows.

What is happening? Clemente just turned into an animal.  Did he put a costume on to scare Dante because he looked pretty scary as I watch me throw Dante off him and flinging him on top of the table and sitting on top of him.

I look over at Adrian and Miranda.  They looked at me with pity and I wondered why they were not helping.  They mouth sorry to me and then do the same thing that Clemente did. Letting out fangs and dashing towards the scene.

The tears that came down my face were full of disappointment and anger.  My best friends were frigging vampires.

I hated vampires.  They killed my parents, now my best friend.

The scene was very appalling. They were thrown around breaking various antiques and walls.  Its very obvious,  they weren't humans.  Dante flew to my front and Clemente dashed towards him his eyes catching mine briefly.

Dante pushed him off and got on top of him punching him. Dante's ring made a long cut across clementes face but it healed in seconds.

I was stunned.  I couldn't cry anymore I only watched as they fought for dominance trying to kill each other off. My eyes were particularly on Clemente.  He used to be so innocent and calm.  But now, He was a beast.  Throwing somebody around.

It then dawned on me... He wiped everyone's memory at school to forget the incident about mystery man.  Any of them could be responsible for the deaths in the alley.

I felt someone staring at me and I look up to meet the lady in the rooms eye.  She smiled at me and closed her window.

"how do you have that" I hear Dante's voice and I turn to look at him. 

Clemente had a shiny dagger in his hands that looked like the one he killed Eva with earlier.

"I have the dagger of all vampires too... And remember I said nobody messes with my friends" with that,  he rises the dagger up and pierces Dante's heart.

Dante's smirks at him before slowly shutting his eyes.

I can't believe it, Dante was dead.  The almighty Dante.  The dagger is indeed a dagger of all vampires.

They huffed and Clemente made his way to eva followed by Adrian and Miranda.

"can she be saved " Miranda asks.

"no... She's already dead" Clemente says slowly dropping her hands on top of each other. 

"Cally are you alright " Clemente asks stretching his hands to touch me but I edge away scared of him. Miranda and Adrian walk outside.

"Cally... No don't be scared of me.  I will never hurt you" he says again walking closer to me.

"get.  Away.  From. Me.  What are you!!!!.  I should pushing him away and standing up.

I looked at Eva's body and walked shakily outside the house.

I look up to see Clemente standing before me.

"why... How did you do that" I asked surprised.  I was so sure he was right behind me.

I felt my body go limp and start falling but somebody catches me.

*******

My  eyes flutter open and I take the surrounding around me.  It was Clemente's house.

I jump up and see Miranda sleeping on the couch beside me.  Adrian and Clemente were speaking in hushed tone by the door.

"oh... You are up" Adrian smiles and rushes towards me but I edge away like I was scared of them.

"ah.. I just wanted to say that Eva's funeral is tomorrow but her parents are not willing to press any charges" Adrian says again.

I sigh and stand up walking to the door.

"Cally,  listen to me " Clemente begs.

"don't you ever speak to me in your life" I say unwavering and walked out slamming the door shut.

Oh Cally found out that Clemente is a vampire but don't worry,  more drama on the way.

Poor Eva,  she died for her friend.

Comment what you think of this chapter.