chapter twenty-six

Callidoras POV
  I sighed heavily and looked at myself in the small mirror before me.  My eyes were swollen and red from crying too much. I turned around on the bed not able to catch some sleep.

"Cally, are you asleep?" I heard Eva's voice by the door.

"oh.. Why did you come back" I asked sitting up and wiping my eyes again.

"when I was outside, Clemente left early so I came to check you.  Anyway, are you crying" she asked as she approached me and lifting my head up.

"we broke up" I tell her shrugging.

"what!?... Come to think of it, Clemente looked pretty sad.  Why,  you were  at his house earlier?  Eva blabbered looking at me her eyes widened in shock.

"nothing serious, we can't just be together" I say again.  It was actually true.  I couldn't be with him because I didn't want him to get hurt.  I can't tell him also because I'm a coward.

"poor girl,  I'll get you some ice-cream outside" she says quickly running outside and returning few minutes later with my favorite ice cream.

"thank you" I start licking the ice-cream.

"are you coming to school tomorrow " Eva asks wiping her ice cream from her lips.

I shake my head, I'll just get the notes from Eva.

"you know the theater performance is Saturday right.  It's Tuesday today so you still have time to prepare" Eva says.

"you know what,  I'll come" I say smiling at her.

**********
"oh you came,  I thought you might still be sick" Adrian said as he walked to me with Miranda by his side.

"lunch is on me" Miranda chirps linking her hand with Adrian.

"OK.." I reply smiling a little.

"hey guys" Eva hollers strolling towards us.

"we are needed in the theater to prepare, can you come" Eva says referring to me.

"oh right, Miranda, I'll call you" I smile at them walking away with Eva.

*********
"have you seen Clemente today" I ask Eva expecting the worse answer. Maybe he was already with another girl.

"yeah.. Yeah " Eva said nervously.

"Eva what are you not telling me? " I ask as we entered the hall. 

The chairs were already situated in their right places. Themes like moon, stars, and sun's were already getting their spot on the stage. A small cage which I guessed was a prison was placed by the side of the stage. I could tell it would be beautiful after it would be done.

I glanced at the other side of the hall where some people were already practicing their lines.  Clemente was there too.  With a black haired girl wearing a blue crop top and mini skirt.  She was touching him here and there but Clementes face was blank.  He had no expression on his face. 

He ran his hands through his silky hair and dipped his hands in his pocket while looking around around the hall.  His shiny eyes rested on him and widened in shock. He opened his mouth to say something but closed his mouth due to shock.

I looked away from him and turned to Eva.

"that girl is such a bitch" Eva comments staring daggers at the black haired girl.

"who is she?" I ask as we walk backstage and start pulling some stars to the stage.

"Veronica... She's playing the role of lady hippolita"