chapter twenty-two

Adrian's POV
I spotted a girl walking down the alley making a phone call.

I watched her for a while before I started walking towards her.

"Who is there?" She asked her voice shaking.

She turned to her heels in an attempt to escape but I zoomed towards her grabbing her by the neck and pushing her to the floor. She struggled effortlessly while trying to push me off her.

Immediately she saw my fangs, her eyes widened in shock as her grip around me slightly loosened.

"Stop" I heard a voice behind me.

I spun around and met Miranda's eyes.

I loosened my grip on the girl and stood up.

"What are you doing here?" I inquired as she walked past me to the girl.

"Are you alright?" She asked the girl who stared at her in shock before nodding.

Miranda looked at me then back at the girl before holding the girl's hand.

"You will remember nothing, all the memory shall be erased" she said and the girl kept staring at her.

She was trying to confess her!!

The girl bolted up and walked away not stopping to look back.

"Why did you do that" I questioned.

"Why where you trying to kill her? We agreed that you won't do it again. The deaths stopped, why are you trying to bring it up again?" She said standing up from her crouching position.

"What's that? I asked gesturing to the leather she was holding.

" its blood" she said throwing the leather at me.

"How did you get it?" I ask already sucking one blood pack. It tastes divine. I already feel my cells replenishing.

"My aunt works in a hospital so I just sneaked in" she said.

"Why are you giving me this" i said throwing the pack away and taking another one.

"I noticed you didn't eat your lunch at school and you look so pale" she said disappearing in the corner.

**********

Clemente's POV
Its been a week since the issue with callidora and we haven't spoken since then. Anytime we had eye contact she will quickly look away.

I stared at the dead bird before me. Blood trickled down its body. I looked up and saw myself in the mirror. My bloody fangs and red eyes.

I looked like a beast. No I am a beast and I'm ashamed. I want to live a normal life like any other human.

I screamed in agony throwing away all the things on the table away. I was angry because I couldn't defend myself.

Suddenly I heard ringing on the door. I wiped my face and went to the door and opened it.

"Um hey...I heard noises so I wanted to check up on you" a tiny voice said. Callidora said playing with her fingers.

"Im fine. I'm fine now that you are here" I said pulling her small figure to my chest. She stiffened before wrapping her small hands round me.

"Don't you ever get angry with me" I tell her.

"Because I won't be able to defend myself. Hey...even if I tell you to leave, don't go" I say again hugging her tighter.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you again" she said patting my back.

*******
"Please don't ye let your father kill me" I said perfectly acting my role as Theodore.

"Don't ye worry my lover I shall convince my father not to kill ye" callidora said acting as matilda.

"Wow, we have worked so hard today" I said stretching. We have successfully finished our whole script.

"That's wonderful" callidora said inspecting the script to make sure that we didn't miss out anything.

She looked wonderful in her pink hoodie and black leggings. Her long blond hair cascaded down her shoulders and some dropped on her face which she brushed away with her small hands. Her long lashes grazed her cheek as they move from one side of the book to the other.
Her small red cupid lips moving like she was mouthing some words.

The world stopped in slow motion as I watched her little action. She was incredible. I hated deceiving her. I should tell her the truth.

"Anything wrong? You have been staring at me for like forever" she asked.

"Callidora..... I'm sorry but I'm...I'm..." I started

Hey guys

Pretty short update but I just wanted to leave it as a cliffhanger.

I also wanted to let you know that this book is about to come to an end so keep on following me on this journey.

All in favour of Clemente telling callidora say yayy while those against it say nayy

Nayy!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment