chapter four

Calidoras POV
I bolted up wondering where the screams were coming from.

I heard the loud screeching again and I could hear my heart beating rapidly.

I tiptoed to the window and pulled the curtain open.

Every where was quiet like nothing had happened.

I watched for a few minutes and heard the loud screams again until it stopped abruptly. Clemente's door flung open and he walked out.

He was wearing a short jean and no shirt. He pulled a heavy black leather through the door and pulled it up to the alley.

The leather looked very heavy. My heart kept on beating as I  wondered what was inside the leather.

Clemente looked like a nice person and wasn't capable of doing anything bad.

Well how will I know...I just met him today. I watched Clemente as he jogged back to his house as if in a hurry.

He looked like he was hurrying back to something. I walked back to a small but comfy couch.

I plopped down on the chair as my heart kept on racing. What was the screams coming from Clemente's house.

Was Clemente the killer?. Why was he dragging the leather up to the alley where dead bodies were supposedly found every morning.

I decided to go to bed and wait for the next morning. If a dead body turned up again, she would have no doubt that Clemente was the serial killer.

I felt scared that I was living beside a killer. What if he wanted to make friends with me so he could kill me. I laid on my bed and waited for sleep to come.

        I didn't sleep a wink till the next morning. I feared that suddenly, i  would be dead in the alley. I took a bath and sighed at the dark circles under my eye.

I wore short knickers and a white long sleeve top along with a black converse. I threw my hair in a messy bun while trying to butter my bread.

I put the TV on waiting for the news to come on. I felt my blood go cold and the hairs on my neck stand at attention. A dead body was found again in the alley.

It was the witness that i was supposed to meet yesterday. Obviously, the killer didn't want to be found out.

Maybe he knew of his meeting with me. I quickly pick a number of the witness on TV .

I gulp down my orange juice as I call the witness.

We fixed a time convenient for the both of us. As I cut the call, I hear knocking on the door.

I walk hurriedly to open the door until I hear a deep masculine voice. "Calli" its me. Clemente said.

I froze and turned back immediately. I went out through  the back door and ran to school.

I huffed and panted as I saw Eva with a girl. When she turned around, she opened her eyes in shock and ran to  me leaving the girl shocked.

"What in the world is wrong with you" she asked as she examined me.

My hair was sticking on my face from all the sweat.

My eyes had dark circles. In a word, I was a mess. "Are you ok" she asked concerned written all over her face. "I'll tell you about it but first let's get to class" I huffed and pulled her to class.

Eva pulled me to our regular sit which at the front of the class. "No..no" I yell and pull her to the last sit in the class. She looks at me worried but I nod and we both sit down. "Oh...its Clemente" Eva says and I look up.

"Hide if you don't want to die" I whisper scream and pull her under the table.

I could see him from under the table as he looked round the class looking for someone which I guess is me.

He sighs and sits down at the front. I pull Eva back up and she looks at me horrified. "I promise I will explain everything" I say as she pats her hair and looks at the thin woman who comes in to lecture us.
      After class, I run out ignoring Eva as she called me. I had to meet the witness. I had to get to the root of all of this.

This was not just about news. It was about my life. I kept on thinking until I hit a wall. But wait, a moving wall?.

I felt myself falling and closed my eyes brazing myself for the hard floor but then strong hands grab my waist and stabled me.

I look up surprised and stared at the mesmerizing sparkling eyes of Clemente. I push him away and stood still looking at him.

He looked too innocent he couldn't be the killer....right?. "Thanks" I mutter not looking up at him. "I brought you these" he said stretching a box of cookies to Me.

It was my favourite brand of cookies. I looked at him then back to the cookies.

It wouldn't hurt to trust him this once would it?. I question as I grab the cookie and run off screaming a thank you to him.
       The cafe was a small one. It smelt of cocoa and freshly baked bread.

I sighted a small man with grey hair and a brown shirt. I guessed it was Mr bloom the witness. I walk to him and introduce my self. He smiles brightly and asks me to sit.

I pull out my mini recorder and switch it on. "You were present in the alley yesterday" I asked. "Yes, I was just taking a walk" he said. "How did the victim die" I asked. He panicked and shifted uneasily on his sit. He leans in closer to me. "It was an animal... It....it had long teeth's and black eyes. His face was dark so I didn't see who it was.

When I turned my torch on, the animal whimpered and scampered off, by then he was already dead. I ran away scared for my own life" he finished.

"Thank you" I say and put my stuffs back. He stands up hurriedly and walks out before I could say anything. I lean back on the sit and decide to rest.

"Maybe its a vampire" a fat woman said to her other fat friend. "I heard that all the blood was drained out from the body" the friend said taking her tea.

I turned back and wondered what was really wrong.

     Please vote, comment and share to your friends.
   Instagram: itz_zubi